Baby duck umbilical cord

Smsm

Hatching
Apr 14, 2022
My little duck hatched two days ago.
But the problem is that there is a part of the umbilical cord stuck to her and he has not poopd since he hatched. What do I do with him I'm afraid.
The part that remained stuck (umbilical cord ) began to dry out.

Would you upload a picture please?
٢٠٢٢٠٤١٤_٢١٤٩١٧.jpg

I am not sure if it is the same as the chickens, but we had a baby chick like that. We were told to put hemorrhoid cream on the area and separate them from the others so they don't peck at it. I felt like the cream kept it moist so I stopped that and after like two weeks it finally fell off. It is hard to tell from the picture but is it closed where it attaches to the body? Sometimes if it isn't closed properly then it could be serious.

That doesn't look too concerning to me. At least from the picture it looks like The umbilical site is not open. You mentioned he hasn't pooped. Has he eaten anything? What are you offering for food?

That doesn't look too concerning to me. At least from the picture it looks like The umbilical site is not open. You mentioned he hasn't pooped. Has he eaten anything? What are you offering for food?
On the first day after hatching, he was not interested in eating.
Today I gave him water and he drank and fed him the yolk of boiled eggs, but he does not eat much

On the first day after hatching, he was not interested in eating.
Today I gave him water and he drank and fed him the yolk of boiled eggs, but he does not eat much
When they first hatched they have just absorbed a whole yolk, so they're not necessarily hungry or need food immediately upon hatching.
Do you have chick feed for him?

Back
Top Bottom