baby duck with lots of problems

Once you catch her she loves to be held and cuddled and kissed it's just catching her that's the hard part. I put her in the tub and she had a blast. I threw some corn in and she dove down to eat the corn. She saw Princess in the mirror in the bathroom and she just starred at her like where have you been. She even took a short nap behind me here on a towel. I really enjoyed having her inside and now I have to sweep and mop.
wink.png

Patty
That goes with having them inside. But sounds like she was a home when in. So sweet.

Opie is molting so when he comes in he leaves a trail of feathers and poop. good thing my floors are old.
roll.png

Glad everyone at your place is safe, Patty! Thanks so much for sharing those sweet pictures!

Aw, our sweet swaggerly Opie is molting. Please give him extra loves from me!
love.gif

Hey, Garnerzoo...I've forgotten (sorry). Where are you located? What a precious thing...babies cuddles up in your bed!
clap.gif

That goes with having them inside. But sounds like she was a home when in. So sweet.

Opie is molting so when he comes in he leaves a trail of feathers and poop. good thing my floors are old.
roll.png
I think Que Sera remembers living in the house. She seemed to be so laid back and actually taking a nap behind me here. My floors are old too and she can't hurt them any and it motivates me to mop.
big_smile.png

Tell Opie we will still love him the same even if he goes bald. He will still be handsome in our eyes.
love.gif

Patty

Glad everyone at your place is safe, Patty! Thanks so much for sharing those sweet pictures!

Aw, our sweet swaggerly Opie is molting. Please give him extra loves from me!
love.gif

Hey, Garnerzoo...I've forgotten (sorry). Where are you located? What a precious thing...babies cuddles up in your bed!
clap.gif
Thanks Deb and that hawk come back a couple hours later. I heard a big commotion it was chasing Autumn and Ozzie was right behind the hawk. It flew off and I didn't see it again. I hope it stays away for good.

Patty

I think Que Sera remembers living in the house. She seemed to be so laid back and actually taking a nap behind me here. My floors are old too and she can't hurt them any and it motivates me to mop.
big_smile.png

Tell Opie we will still love him the same even if he goes bald. He will still be handsome in our eyes.
love.gif

Patty
Sounds like she does since she is so relaxed when in. They are sweet and she is precious

I will tell Opie what you said he needs a boost to his morale since he know knocked off his throne. lol and just about naked in places.

Well I've already decided I am going to take my book outside and read. If it wasn't so warm I would leave the chickens in the coop all day then I still have the ducks that refuse to go in their house. I know I am repeating myself but the hawk has already been back this morning. I was outside feeding and he was sweeping down in the yard. Ozzie the dog and Bubba the roo are on standby waiting for the next time the hawk comes. I feel safer for the ducks and chickens if I'm outside. The hawk doesn't seem to be afraid of me either because he come pretty close.

I hope everyone has a nice day and poor Opie your still the king even if the goose thinks he knocked you off your throne.

Patty

Well I've already decided I am going to take my book outside and read. If it wasn't so warm I would leave the chickens in the coop all day then I still have the ducks that refuse to go in their house. I know I am repeating myself but the hawk has already been back this morning. I was outside feeding and he was sweeping down in the yard. Ozzie the dog and Bubba the roo are on standby waiting for the next time the hawk comes. I feel safer for the ducks and chickens if I'm outside. The hawk doesn't seem to be afraid of me either because he come pretty close.

I hope everyone has a nice day and poor Opie your still the king even if the goose thinks he knocked you off your throne.

Patty
Opie is standing right here Patty I'll be sure to pass your words on to him..

Oh those hawks are such a pain and really are brave.. I hope your presence does the trick.

Glad everyone at your place is safe, Patty!  Thanks so much for sharing those sweet pictures!

Aw, our sweet swaggerly Opie is molting.  Please give him extra loves from me!  :love

Hey, Garnerzoo...I've forgotten (sorry).  Where are you located?  What a precious thing...babies cuddles up in your bed!  :clap

I'm in Oregon, the hawks I deal with are those Coppers hawks. I think they're braver than most. I've heard they'll kill right in front of you. There's a mating pair that lives in a cluster of trees a few blocks from my house, and they like to circle the yard or perch in my neighbors tree. So far they've not been in the tree, at least what I could see, but yesterday and the day before the ducks stayed on the patio unless us or the dogs went out

Well I've already decided I am going to take my book outside and read.  If it wasn't so warm I would leave the chickens in the coop all day then I still have the ducks that refuse to go in their house.  I know I am repeating myself but the hawk has already been back this morning.  I was outside feeding and he was sweeping down in the yard.  Ozzie the dog and Bubba the roo are on standby waiting for the next time the hawk comes.  I feel safer for the ducks and chickens if I'm outside.  The hawk doesn't seem to be afraid of me either because he come pretty close.  

Patty

I hope that pesky hawk leaves you and your feathered babies alone.

Well I sit outside for several hours and the hawk didn't show up. Thanks goodness I hope he's moved on to somewhere besides here. . I had great company with the chickens and ducks and of course Ozzie the dog.

We are getting some much needed rain and I hope the grass seed that hubbie planted comes up if the chickens didn't eat it all.
big_smile.png

Patty

Back
Top Bottom