Baby Ducks Paralysed

He just had his first proper drink just then.

here's a photo of what he looked like when i first bought him in to how he's looking now.

about an hours distance in between photos.

Attachments

• duck.jpg
    duck.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 13
  • ducke.jpg
    ducke.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 13
He also just popped just then, however it's not solid. it's all white and not firm.
unfortunately i have to go to work in 2 hours time but in the mean time i`m giving him all the time i have that i can to just monitor and watch him. It's only a short shift thank god. So I can get back to him as soon as possible.

So glad I cancelled my plans this morning/afternoon and that I only have evening work otherwise he would have been long gone by the time I was originally going to get home.

He just had his first proper drink just then.

here's a photo of what he looked like when i first bought him in to how he's looking now.

about an hours distance in between photos.[/QUOTE

He also just popped just then, however it's not solid. it's all white and not firm.
unfortunately i have to go to work in 2 hours time but in the mean time i`m giving him all the time i have that i can to just monitor and watch him. It's only a short shift thank god. So I can get back to him as soon as possible.

So glad I cancelled my plans this morning/afternoon and that I only have evening work otherwise he would have been long gone by the time I was originally going to get home.
Wow what a difference an hour can make, I say Keep him in a nice warm spot for the evening and see what his progress is in the morning.

White poop, in birds, is pee. In ducks, it's not really something to be concerned about unless they never poop solids--they drink a lot of water.

He's talking to me a lot more than before, before he couldn`t even make a sound. He's getting some movement back but it's very limited still. So upsetting this morning, when i first saw him thought he was dead. I really hope he'll be okay. Thank you so much guys for the input. Means a lot, this is my first hatching of call duck babies too.

I`ve bred muscovies in the past and never had this issue.

'Scovies are awesome!

My dad told me that muscovies are the most horrible, awful ducks you can ever get. They hiss, they perch and poop, they're ugly as sin... the list went on.

Having raised them, I say that they're calm, friendly, great mamas, and quiet. And hardy. Lovely birds. Now I just need to get some grey pied ducks...

just moved him into his pen for while i`m out on shift.
he weakly stood up on his legs and then plopped back down.

I really hope that he'll still be okay when i get back.

Back
Top Bottom