Baby ducks walking funny/ clumsy

I always just sprinkled it over their feed. I've never used rooster booster I hope it helps them.
I'll post an update on how she ( I think) is doing. Everything everyone tells me to get at tractor supply I can never find. Not sure if they just don't sell it at my local store or if it's just something they're always out of. I couldn't even find the durvet in the cattle aisle. I think you can mix the yeast in water if not ill sprinkle it over the food in addition to the poultry booster and I'll keep up the electrolytes in their water. I wonder if her legs will straighten themselves out as she grows or if there is a way I can splint them to get them back to normal? I can't imaging nutritional yeast, poultry booster and adult duck food that's got niacin specifically in it is somehow not going to be enough😕

You have to put the video on youtube or Vimeo or something similar then copy and paste it here.
Hopefully, the niacin will help strengthen her legs. She may always have some trouble but the niacin can really help. Make sure she gets to do water therapy daily too so she can work on strengthing her leg muscles.

I can't find the B complex at any of the local farm stores. I've got them on adult duck food that says it's got niacin in it, poultry booster that's got 1000mg of niacin in the whole 1.25 lb container ( I put 2 scoops) and I also sprinkle nutritional yeast on top and in the water. Are the b complex and what I'm using different as far as niacin and b vitamins?

Definitely get it off Amazon and start it asap if you can't find it locally. The liquid vitmain b complex is really what you need! And make sure they get the proper dose every day for the next month or so to really strengthen their legs as much as possible. It's not really a matter of making them exercise more to make the legs strong - exercise is good, but their bodies need the proper nutrients to make them strong. If their legs are weak you don't really want to make them overdo it.

Also, even though the other duck seems fine now, if she was having an issue as well, it's probably good to make sure she gets the vitamin B as well. Pekins really just need more than regular feed can supply.

Definitely get it off Amazon and start it asap if you can't find it locally. The liquid vitmain b complex is really what you need! And make sure they get the proper dose every day for the next month or so to really strengthen their legs as much as possible. It's not really a matter of making them exercise more to make the legs strong - exercise is good, but their bodies need the proper nutrients to make them strong. If their legs are weak you don't really want to make them overdo i

Definitely get it off Amazon and start it asap if you can't find it locally. The liquid vitmain b complex is really what you need! And make sure they get the proper dose every day for the next month or so to really strengthen their legs as much as possible. It's not really a matter of making them exercise more to make the legs strong - exercise is good, but their bodies need the proper nutrients to make them strong. If their legs are weak you don't really want to make them overdo it.
I got some off Amazon but how much do i give ducks?

1 ml per duckling given over treats - it sticks to frozen peas - watermelon absorbs it, and bread does as well. I also added it to a small dish of water for my ducks as well, just to add even more.
OK. I read after I asked that ducks should have 10 mg of niacin which is 1 ml. I'm going to give it to them in a little bit of food and then fill their bowl after they finish it since they don't seem to be interested in anything else. They're pretty antisocial even though I spend every free second with them.

Yeah, you just want to make sure that the needy ducks are getting the complete dose each day! Good luck, I hope this turns things around for you. They definitely go through a stage where they hate getting caught - just keep giving them treats and being patient and spending lots of time. They'll come around!

Back
Top Bottom