Baby ducks walking funny/ clumsy

Have you tried giving them extra vitamins through a water supplement or anything? Could possibly be lacking energy or a deficiency of some kind. Sorry I can't be more help.

Have you tried giving them extra vitamins through a water supplement or anything? Could possibly be lacking energy or a deficiency of some kind. Sorry I can't be more help.
I gave them probiotic and electrolytes when they first hatched but not anymore. I'll mix some up and start doing it again. I also put the tun water in with the water in their bowl so they get a little something when they drink

So I wanted to update and ask another question..I got duck food and just mixed it in with the chick food 50/50 and I bought some electrolyte packages. One duck seems to be doing much better but the other one is a little further along I think because it's feet turn in and it's constantly stepping on them and plopping down. For the life of me I can't find brewers yeast ANYWHERE so I'm just going to order some online. My question is..would nutritional yeast be better than brewers yeast? Looking into it I read that brewers yeast has 5mg or maybe grams( I can't remember exactly if it was mg or grams) of niacin for every 15 mg or grams of brewers yeast but nutritional yeast has 38 MG or grams of niacin for 1 tablespoon I think it said. But I also don't know how many grams or mg is in a tablespoon either lol. Is there a reason people use brewers yeast instead of nutritional yeast? Also could this little duck recover at this point or is it possible the damage is done and I can only keep it from getting worse?

I got an ok video but it won't allow me to attach it because I'm technologically impared. But here is a screenshot of her feet. She stumbles and walks on unsturdy legs and steps on her own feet and then she plops down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-125810_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-125810_Gallery.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 12
I want to post an update..I've been making the ducks walk to the pond and back again to the coop in the evening. They don't walk around too much but they go in and out if the water and have to go up and down the rocks to do so so I feel like its pretty good exercise for legs that little. Will the bow legged ducks legs straighten themselves out or is there something I should do to help? She plops down and takes frequent breaks from walking and steps on her own feet. I don't want her to be lame or have leg issues and be in pain her whole life 😕 the other duck seems fine now legs are straight just needs to work them muscles.

Back
Top Bottom