Baby ducky...has a limp?

misscrazy24

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Mississauga
So i have these two baby duckies that I'm taking care of and one is about 1 week the other is 5 days. The older one jumped off the sofa today (it was pretty low) - bbut now he has a limp....

They've been mostly eating rice - what should I feed them? and what should I do about the leg?...should I just let him rest it? So keep him caged? they're both muscovi ducks.

sad.png
Help.

The limp may be a temporary sign of of bruising or strain- but more importantly- rice is not a good diet for ducklings. At the very least they should get " chicken feed" but for something more specific you should ask for crumble suitable for ducklings at your local feed store. Rice does not contain the nutrients that their growing bodies will need- And especially for the little injured one- he will need more nutrients to allow him to recover from the injury.

Rice?? Ducks need real duck food with nutrients and vitamins to live and grow at all. You need to get them on nonmedicated chick starter/grower now and make sure it's got a niacin supplement in it or their bones won't form correctly or strong enough. They need LOTS of water, water deep enough to put their heads in so they can clean out their nostrils. And a heat lamp so they are kept at about 95 degrees.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom