Baby Gosling is being attacked by my ducks

All mine eat fairly well in peace, but I have to keep an eye on the chickens, they try to steal the gosling food. I put the smaller goslings in a separate pen so they can eat without the chickens muscling in, but the chickens still push in with the older goslings, so I have to hang around to get them out of the bowls. so here, it´s the chickesn that are the pests. They were in jail when the goslings were tiny.
lol.png

Two of my babies went to new home today.
I have 4 feeders in different areas and the geese think they all belong to them.
roll.png
But I do have a few LF hens that can make a duck back off but not the geese. Those geese will go after anything that get too close.
Aww I bet that was hard to let them go. How does the flock react when some get taken?

I have 4 feeders in different areas and the geese think they all belong to them.
roll.png
But I do have a few LF hens that can make a duck back off but not the geese. Those geese will go after anything that get too close.
Aww I bet that was hard to let them go. How does the flock react when some get taken?
I don´t take all the babies from one goose at once. She didn´t even notice, as she still has three.
Tomorrow 4 more are going, but two of them are going together with their parents.

lol.png
that's funny, I have goose jail for evenings so everyone else can eat in peace and go into their houses without being harassed by the goose patrol. Don't you love it when everyone gets along? my ducks [drakes] have now called a truce and can be in close proximity to each other Big sigh of relief.
Yeah, i'm surprised by all this - mine are like yours - the geese(sebastapol) are definitely in charge - the ducks give them a lot of space (and so do the dogs and sheep). I wonder if people are having problems because they're introducing goslings (mine were introduced to the property as an adult pair).

I have to let the geese out last because otherwise they hang by the barn doors and terrorize everything else as it comes out.

Last edited:
Yeah, i'm surprised by all this - mine are like yours - the geese(sebastapol) are definitely in charge - the ducks give them a lot of space (and so do the dogs and sheep). I wonder if people are having problems because they're introducing goslings (mine were introduced to the property as an adult pair).

I have to let the geese out last because otherwise they hang by the barn doors and terrorize everything else as it comes out.
My 2 goslings came here at 2 days old and already had attitude the 2 adults that adopted them didn't teach them this they already had it in them. lol All I know is all the rest of the flock gives them a wide berth or else. lol They are a lot of fun to try and figure out and alot of fun period.

Back
Top Bottom