Baby pics!!

Quote:
yeppers your goldens are normal goldens
big_smile.png

Im uploading pictures to show you the reds now compaired to their counter parts
big_smile.png

Have you worked with these two colors before (red and orange)? The reason I ask is that I am thinking that breeding these to darker birds would result in darker birds? So I would need to keep the different variants of the colors seperated to keep the color right? Or do coturnix not work that way?
he.gif
I hate genetics!!
th.gif

HAHA this puzzle is why I love them!!!! LOL I have no clue dear! But Im glad im not the only one working on these colors! Pretty much your idea is my plans..I want an almost black bird. According to my friend there isnt a true black coturnix yet... the closest you can get are these birds you and i have now (the ones that look black/red at hatching). All we can do is try and dabble see what works
smile.png

Quote:
Have you worked with these two colors before (red and orange)? The reason I ask is that I am thinking that breeding these to darker birds would result in darker birds? So I would need to keep the different variants of the colors seperated to keep the color right? Or do coturnix not work that way?
he.gif
I hate genetics!!
th.gif

HAHA this puzzle is why I love them!!!! LOL I have no clue dear! But Im glad im not the only one working on these colors! Pretty much your idea is my plans..I want an almost black bird. According to my friend there isnt a true black coturnix yet... the closest you can get are these birds you and i have now (the ones that look black/red at hatching). All we can do is try and dabble see what works
smile.png

I had two that were really super dark. One of them died yesterday, and the other one has goofed up legs
hmm.png
That one is in the bathroom with Band-aid, the A&M chick that had really bad spraddle leg that wouldn't stay fixed. Band-aid is still going strong, all be it on his or her belly, so we are just gonna keep it until it is big enough to eat, since it doesn't seem any worse for wear. The new one with goofy legs will probably have the same fate, if it doesn't take a turn for the worse. Their legs look almost like they are backwards? Really weird!

Quote:
smile.png

I had two that were really super dark. One of them died yesterday, and the other one has goofed up legs
hmm.png
That one is in the bathroom with Band-aid, the A&M chick that had really bad spraddle leg that wouldn't stay fixed. Band-aid is still going strong, all be it on his or her belly, so we are just gonna keep it until it is big enough to eat, since it doesn't seem any worse for wear. The new one with goofy legs will probably have the same fate, if it doesn't take a turn for the worse. Their legs look almost like they are backwards? Really weird!

Odd! oh well atleast theres always the option of eating them
big_smile.png
lau.gif

Okay picture time again!!!

lol

a true red next to a orange tibetan:
orangetibeandred.jpg

again:::
redandorangetibe.jpg

and side view:
redsideorangetibeside.jpg

a red golden next toa golden (which IMO should be called a red brown LOL doesnt it look more like a red brown thana red golden?):
redgoldensidegolden.jpg

redgoldenandgolden.jpg

annnd by really dark do you mean this????
Splotch2.jpg

or this
Shika.jpg

or this?
Shika1.jpg

so far those three look like this:

nicelymarkedtuxedohen.jpg

i dont hink i have a picture of this one but it's pretty much number three
pappi.jpg

its fun watchin them change too bad they didnt stay as black as they were!

Really! #1 is very dark! Mine is about like #3 I believe, though I can see red spots in your #3, and I don't see red in mine. But it doesn't look black either, just very dark. Where did you get the red ones at? Those are very pretty! I wonder if that is a mix with the fawn gingers? But you won't tell, will you?
wink.png
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom