BABY PIGEON HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by SuperChickenDude327, May 22, 2012.

1. Okay, so I got a cute little baby pigeon on saturday the 13th, and now the little squeaker has cuts on his back. The parents have been pecking at one that seems to be trying to come in and help. They also seem to stand on it a lot. Could this be it?

2. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Songster

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    I'm sure that could be it. what breed are they? If they're being bothered too much then I'd reccommend taking away the the birds that are bothering them.

3. It only happened once, but the baby got stepped on by it's own parents, and that's what happened, I think. The poor little squeaker was trampled. Any recomendations for it's back?

4. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Songster

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Try bluecoat, I'ts for open wounds, not for pigeons I don't think, but you might just try it. Also ask at your farm store what dressings they sell. Just try that, I don't know what else you could do. If the squab is old enough and injured badly enough to justify it then you could take him away and hand raise him. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

5. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

My vet prescribed silverdine cream for my scalped squeaker, he healed up nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: