baby pigeons beding?

Kylo_Hen!

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 28, 2018
i was wondering when you have a baby pigeon-s what do you use as beding? (whats good and whats bad) thank you trying to convince my mom to let me have pieons!( it's hard):gig:rant:)

Chickens are precocial baby birds. They can get up and move around, can eat on their own, and do fine without parents if provided with food and warmth.
Pigeons are altricial, and are helpless, floppy things that need constant care from their parents.
You don't buy baby pigeons to raise, you buy adults. If you let the adults breed, they build a nest and the babies stay in that. No bedding.

i was wondering when you have a baby pigeon-s what do you use as beding?
For nesting material grass, twigs, pine needles, wood shavings, even commercial wood pellets, make good nesting material.
As far as bedding I have tried wood shavings with poor results when pigeons fly in the loft the wood shaving tend to migrate to the perimeter of the loft and leave the middle of the floor bare.

I am trying commercial wood pellets (used to burn in pellet stoves) for loft bedding on the floor. It is too soon yet for me to give an opinion on them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom