Back again, this time pipping issue.. need a little advice

Anyone ? I got one chick hatched and the other I made a hole is being a quiet .. how long should I leave him before I attempt a assist hatch ?
That's a tough call. When did day 21 start? When did it internally pip? Once they have an air hole, I will generally let them be for a good while. (24 hrs at least)... I'll look for the article I reference on assisted hatching.

thanks that’s helpful. Day 21 was yesterday for me, it’s 04am the following the day, ive been up with the other one that’s hatch just fine.
i made the hole in this one so it could breathe because it was peeping for 24hours ... I dont think it will finish the hatch, i don’t mind waiting to see, but it’s tweeting louder now, and I’ve transfer the other to a different bator.

thanks that’s helpful. Day 21 was yesterday for me, it’s 04am the following the day, ive been up with the other one that’s hatch just fine.
i made the hole in this one so it could breathe because it was peeping for 24hours ... I dont think it will finish the hatch, i don’t mind waiting to see, but it’s tweeting louder now, and I’ve transfer the other to a different bator.
How is it going now?

looks good, I made the hole and set it back around 12 hours and then followed the guide, set him back in and let him get himself out the rest of the shell, which he did about an hour ago.. and all looks ok, it’s tweeting and moving around. Just waiting for it to dry off.

apart from, I ordered frizzles and got silkies.
but love them all the same. will update with a pic shortly :)

Wow! Glad he hatched!

I've gotten a few crazy egg mixups from shipped eggs. Always an adventure! Good luck sorting through that with the breeder.

haha Thanks, lucky I only had two hatch and I’m rather happy now.
all worked out well. Just need some names lol,

Attachments

• FB4A38DF-82EC-419E-8C8F-3298367F204B.jpeg
    FB4A38DF-82EC-419E-8C8F-3298367F204B.jpeg
    750.8 KB · Views: 3
... and i'm back again, (hey everyone) this time I have serama chicks... the smallest egg i didn't think would hatch pipped and zipped today, (day 21) and now left with the two eggs i assumed would be the best hatchers and they haven't even pipped.

My questions:

What's the best option going forward, the only chick hatched a few hours again is drying in the bator , i will leave it in there tonight, but tomorrow morning dp i remove him and add water etc, and if still no pip from the remaining two eggs, do i take the opportunity at this point and quickly candle see what's happening (day 22),

...or just leave it a little longer with them all in there?

I haven't heard a peep from the other two eggs, the hatcher was tweeting this morning.

Any advice, as always, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom