Back again, this time pipping issue.. need a little advice

Kellywellyboot

Chirping
Sep 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

hatching polish frizzzles again, only 2 eggs viable Out of 6 by lockdown . day 21 today and one has pipped externally the other was tweeting and rocking last night around 9pm now 6pm today and still no progress although I can still here it peeping.
how long to maybe I interviene ?

thanks for looking or any help and advice .

kelly.

So, I just scraped a hole and looks like success, see his little beak poking through. Put it back in the incubator and now waiting.
just to confirm , how long roughly will I monitor it and see if its capable of zipping before I interviene the again, hope I don’t have too,

thanks again for looking and any help

kelly :)

thanks that’s helpful. Day 21 was yesterday for me, it’s 04am the following the day, ive been up with the other one that’s hatch just fine.
i made the hole in this one so it could breathe because it was peeping for 24hours ... I dont think it will finish the hatch, i don’t mind waiting to see, but it’s tweeting louder now, and I’ve transfer the other to a different bator.

looks good, I made the hole and set it back around 12 hours and then followed the guide, set him back in and let him get himself out the rest of the shell, which he did about an hour ago.. and all looks ok, it’s tweeting and moving around. Just waiting for it to dry off.

apart from, I ordered frizzles and got silkies.
but love them all the same. will update with a pic shortly :)

Wow! Glad he hatched!

I've gotten a few crazy egg mixups from shipped eggs. Always an adventure! Good luck sorting through that with the breeder.

haha Thanks, lucky I only had two hatch and I’m rather happy now.
all worked out well. Just need some names lol,

Attachments

• FB4A38DF-82EC-419E-8C8F-3298367F204B.jpeg
    FB4A38DF-82EC-419E-8C8F-3298367F204B.jpeg
    750.8 KB · Views: 3
We dropped it in the hole made to add water, with a sort of squirt bottle with a long, pointed extension....I kept it at 75% for lockdown. I don't know about actually spraying the eggs. You can also drop in a folded, wet paper towel to add humidity.

Back
Top Bottom