Backyard Brahmas!!

My Palomino Brahma cock & pullet chicks.

Last edited:
I had another pullet lay today! That's a total of three out of six that are laying. They are almost 26 weeks. They sure take their slow time. This one is speckled. Does that mean anything?

My Palomino Brahma cock & pullet chicks.

They are very pretty! Look kinda like the oegb red pyle... But i dont know anything about Colors, so don't bite my head off for making the conparison! :p

I had another pullet lay today! That's a total of three out of six that are laying. They are almost 26 weeks. They sure take their slow time. This one is speckled. Does that mean anything?

Yay! My pullets are only 12 weeks... so I'd say it'll b next spring before I get any eggs from them. :-]

I don't believe so.. A lot of my two girls' eggs were pretty and speckled.. Way back when they used to lay.. :lau ;)

Our little Gabrielle is a whole month old now...time really flies! Tonight I put crickets in with our Bob Marleys (3 little birds - gabby the buff brahma, princess laya the lavender orpington, & callisto the blue orpington) for the 1 st time, & they were terrified of them! Lol, they were all climbimg each other in a panic to reach the top of the tubbie, it was hard not to rescue them from this 'menace'. After about 10 minutes of desperate attempts to avoid the tiny crickets, Gabby became chick enough to hunt 1 down & give it a try. She showed her wimpy orp friends how its done, & boy howdy, was there ever a joyous noise in that tubbie tonight. It makes me so happy to make my chickens happy :).

Back
Top Bottom