Backyard Brahmas!!

My boys are 17 weeks old.

these are my brahmas that i just received recently. the one that i'm assuming is a partridge brahma is named moo and the dark brahma is yet to be named. feel free to leave a suggestion :)

My Buff Brahmas are now 3 months old, and it seems one is a cockerel....which is fine by me :) He will be my first rooster. First 3 pics are of the cockerel (I hope) and the last three are of a pullet.

I'm so excited!!! Ordered my first flock of Light Brahmas! I had one Roo, Samson that I got in a mix bunch from McMurray and he was a stunner...so 4 years later I'm going knee deep! Cannot wait to receive my little ones! Also, if you guys ever order from McMurray, do it over the phone, they offer and suggest services that you don't see online or in the catalogue. Chicks will be here next Wednesday or Thursday!!! And trust me...I'll be posting pics!
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

Hello y'all!

I'm I'm Country girl in MAINE!
I'm hoping to be ordering at LEAST one Light Brahma from a farm store called Paris Farmers Union.But my mom MIT not let me get chicks, I need to ask her.

Just received my little bundles of fluff from McMurray today! All 37 arrived happy, healthy, and SUPER hungry!
The brooder is 2'x8' with two 4' divided sections that can be opened to make a full 8' run. Built it myself.
Just to note, if you ever order from McMurray I would suggest either making your order over the phone or at least calling in after you've made an online order: This way you get to talk to an operator who will suggest more services or products for your chicks that you may not see online. The best example of this is heat pads!
Overall 100% satisfied. These guys are light brahmas...and yes I know...they "should" be lighter but I'm no breeder nor do I judge...all chickens are perfect in my eyes!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Just received my little bundles of fluff from McMurray today! All 37 arrived happy, healthy, and SUPER hungry!
The brooder is 2'x8' with two 4' divided sections that can be opened to make a full 8' run. Built it myself.
Just to note, if you ever order from McMurray I would suggest either making your order over the phone or at least calling in after you've made an online order: This way you get to talk to an operator who will suggest more services or products for your chicks that you may not see online. The best example of this is heat pads!
Overall 100% satisfied. These guys are light brahmas...and yes I know...they "should" be lighter but I'm no breeder nor do I judge...all chickens are perfect in my eyes!
[/URL]
Light Brahmas start out darker than you'd think and they can vary a bit, too. Congrats, enjoy!

One of my Blue Partridge Brahma pullets, Bonnie, is broody. She's only 34 weeks old and has been laying less than a month, but she's on Day 2 with 8 eggs, 4 from my young Barred Plymouth Rock male I need to test and 4 from her own sisters.

To see my chosen breeding male and his five girls, check out this video-already linked on their thread, but for those who haven't seen it:
0.jpg

Adding pics of Bonnie on the nest.

Last edited:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/6
1/id/7699919/width/200/height/400
The chicks are approaching 1 week and they're doing so well! The one standing up in the second pic is my fave! I love them all though!

Does anyone here happen to have some dark brahma chicks or hatching eggs near central Virginia to sell? I can go hatchery route but wanted to check here first. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom