Backyard chicken legalization in plano tx

welcome-byc.gif
from California! I hope you can have the ordinance changed.

Has there been anything further done on this by the City of Plano? I would love to be able to have a few chickens.....

Hello. May be we could petition again. Hopefully when they see how many of us would like to do this, they’ll change their mind. I'm just sad that I was too late to join in the petition.

I am in Plano and would love to help the cause. Do you know of anything going on (petitions etc.) that might need support?

Hi, Thelma,

My partner and I are also dying to have chickens in our backyard where we already have an extensive vegetable garden. We have recently been looking into changing the ordinance. Dan Probst of Bagniece Farms out near Terrell raises and sells chickens, ducks, geese, etc. and is constantly giving presentations about owning backyard chickens. He even gave a talk a year ago in Plano at the city's request! Irony, it gets you every time. He says he has a list of people who want to own chickens. We just have to get the issue on the city council agenda which we are working on.

Having said that, is there anyone out there living in Plano who would also like to own chickens?

Jay in Plano, just a stone's throw, literally, from the Haggard Farm.
See above post :)

Back
Top Bottom