Bad experience with Ideal

WestKnollAmy

The Crazy Chicken Lady
Apr 22, 2008
upstate SC
Okay, I get how once the hatchery sends out the chicks that it is the post offices' responsibility to have them arrive but I have ordered from many other hatcheries and never, ever have had a problem with my chicks arriving on time.
Well, this time I ordered from Ideal because everyone said how wonderful they were. I have had trouble with them from the git go and now my chicks are lost somewhere. No tracking offered or anything.
I refuse to order from this company again. They were constantly putting me off on the arrival dates and they advertised chicks that that they could not come through with and then they were just now rude on the phone when I said my chicks didn't arrive today and the post office will be closed tomorrow.
Yes, they will probably credit me back but it is simply stupid not to be able to track that package. I have called other hatcheries and they were able to track my shipment.
I now know who to do business with again and whom not to give my money and references to.
Yes, I have ordered chicks from TX before and they arrived after 2 days so I think it is just bad management to not be able to track packages.
Off my soapbox now.

It really isn't Ideal's fault. It can (and does) happen to all of the hatcheries.

But, if your chicks do come in to your PO tomorrow, they will (should) call you to come and pick them up. Even on days the PO is closed, there is usually someone there.

I think most hatcheries do not offer tracking, unfortunately. They should at least offer that option. It costs less than $1 to put delivery confirmation on a package. I would think most buyers would gladly pay it.

Quote:
There won't be on holidays. They MIGHT work on holidays at the processing center, but most (especially major like Christmas and Thanksgiving), there will be absolutely no one there and no trucks bringing anything in.

Quote:
Maybe so, but it at least tells you if they were shipped or not. That seems to be part of the OP's problem, not knowing if they are going to be sitting in a P.O somewhere or if they were even shipped to begin with.

No large hatchery offers tracking on their standard shipping. That's when you'd pay express or insured mail. Not Ideal's fault at all. And they are hatching limited birds right now, so if they kept putting your order off, they may have had bad hatches.

I am in the EXACT same boat. My chicks from Ideal didn't arrive today either, but I'm not blaming Ideal. It's the po's fault, not the hatchery. Ideal has no control over those chicks once they leave their hatchery. I did contact Ideal just a few minutes ago, and they were nothing but VERY NICE to me and offered to re-ship my order (at not cost to me, of course) if needed. I agree that if they kept postponing shipment on orders, then it most likely was because they had some bad hatches. I'm very upset at the thought of my chicks sitting somewhere until Friday...which they'll probably all be deceased by then. But my anger is with the postal service, not Ideal.

Quote:
i agree....especially since part of that order is mine!
lol.png

they should have someone in, Shelley, and they had better call. or there will be two frustrated, chicken chicks at their counter on Black Friday. they really don't want to mess with that now, do they????

I'm sorry about what you are going through having lost chicks.
I have had excellent experiences with Ideal.
I hope your chicks show up safe and sound.

Back
Top Bottom