Bad news=Hard choice.....(Final Update)

Thanks for the update. I am praying for you and Susie. What you are doing is great, just spoil and love
her till her last breath. I am sure that is just soaking it up. She is a very lucky kitty.

I'll be praying....
smile.png

You need a second opinion and now. You cant diagnose cancer from bloodwork alone. Did he do an xray, did he palpate a mass? There are alot of things that make liver values wonky. She could have something as simple as hepatic lipidosis. Is she yellow? If she isnt jaunced she has a very good chance, unless he palpated a mass or found one on xray.

Well today has been a weird one. All this morning she has been almost lifeless. She couldn't even hold up her head. I was sure this was the end. I took her outside in the sun so she could go in peace. As I was sitting there crying and petting her, she went into convulsions and I thought it was the throws of death. Well she made it through it but she was still lifeless. So put her under her favorite bush on her pillow and walked away. Fast forward an hour and she is almost back to 100%!!!! She is walking around, eating like a government mule,and the life is back into her eyes!!!! She is still a little weak but she is much much better. Not don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she is cured, but she is much better. I'm not getting any false hope but at least she looks happier.

Thanks for all your support. It has been rough, but you guys have been great!

So very hard to lose a beloved pet. Just don't make the mistake I made with our dog when she was dying of cancer. We tried to hold on to her too long. She was taking morphine for the pain and her breathing was so labored, but we kept thinking that as long as she could still walk she had some quality of life. In retrospect, I think we were unfair to her and subjected her to unnecessary pain during the last months of her life.

Hopefully you'll know when it's the right time to let go.

Good luck.

It's never easy to lose a pet, even harder when you are the one that has to make the decision.
hugs.gif
But at least you know she will not be in pain, she will not be alone or lost from home when she passes and she knows she is loved. That is the good part of making the decision. I am so sorry and prayers to both of you.

Well, at 7:55 this morning my buddy Susie passed away.

She left this world in my lap getting rubbed and loved on. I even made her a casket

30256_100_0525.jpg

and a grave marker

30256_100_0529.jpg

It was rough to lose her but we had a good run at it together!!! Together is the best word to use because she went everywhere I did!!

30256_img00021-20100612-2016.jpg

RIP Susie, I love you!!!

Back
Top Bottom