Bad news with dewormer

Pics
How often do you use it to worm your birds? I worm my birds monthly. That's the only way to break the worms life cycle unless birds are raised on
Infrequently. I'm bad at that.
2 of my peachicks died of histomoniasis so I wormed everyone and the other 2 peachicks passed a ton of worms & then were okay. I didn't see any worms come out of the chickens though, so I suspect they're fine. I should worm the peachicks again though. No egg withdrawal issues there.

I imagine your soil is cool or cold most of the year, correct? That's not very conducive for worms, so you dont have to worry about it.
Where I live it’s freezing during daytime only 10 -15 days a year. We have a mild climate. Where I live there are lots of people dealing with all kind of parasites including different type of worms. I never had an infestation. It probably helps a lot if chickens can free range or, live in a big run on good and lively soil. I know I have been lucky.
When I need a dewormer we have flubendazol* here that is meant for chickens/layers.

edit: only flubendazol is allowed for chickens. I found this info:
Mix Flubenol with feed 0.6 grams per kilo of feed, for seven days. Even with an overdose of 3x the prescribed amount, Flubenol does not have any side effects on the health of the chicken, whether laying, incubating, fertilizing, etc. Waiting time is only 1 day for slaughter cattle, and no waiting time for eggs.

Last edited:
The peachicks came from someone elses farm and I should have wormed them sooner.

Infrequently. I'm bad at that.
2 of my peachicks died of histomoniasis so I wormed everyone and the other 2 peachicks passed a ton of worms & then were okay. I didn't see any worms come out of the chickens though, so I suspect they're fine. I should worm the peachicks again though. No egg withdrawal issues there.
You know wazine doesn't treat cecal worms, yes?

Where I live it’s freezing during daytime only 10 -15 days a year. We have a mild climate. Where I live there are lots of people dealing with all kind of parasites including different type of worms. I never had an infestation. It probably helps a lot if chickens can free range or, live in a big run on good and lively soil. I know I have been lucky.
When I need a dewormer we have levamisole here that is meant for chickens/layers.
Levamisole is a very good wormer, I use it.
Rotating areas where birds forage is best as well as keeping grass cut short. Birds kept in pens or on the same soil are susceptible to frequent worm infections. Sand in the pens helps as well as scooping poop helps deter worm infections.

The worms that cause histomoniasis will not be rid/killed by Wazine.
Wazine only rids roundworms.
Coooool. I have no idea why the two other peachicks didnt get sick then. What do you recommend for those worms?

Back
Top Bottom