BAD Rooster!

Rico has had the water treatment, both with buckets AND the hose. He just has decided he has it in for me, and the thing is, our chickens have free range of the yard.... I am trepidatious about going out into my own yard anymore, ESPECIALLY after yesterday's attack. I don't want to be afraid to be in my own yard because of a rooster. Best place for a bad rooster is in a marinade.

Find a tasty recipe.

In the mean time we had to use one of those fat wiffle ball bats and wack him on the side each time he comes at us. They eventually get the idea and its really more of a shock than painful. My rooster is fine with me but not my son so he keeps a bat by the fence. That way he can take it with him to feed the chickens.

Our rooster despises my husband (I have asked him WHAT on earth he's doing to the hens when I'm not looking) and attacks regularly. I have forbidden him to kick or hurt Moses, so he now carries a child sized wooden rake with him whenever he walks around the yard. He uses that to keep Moses at bay, and now pretty much the sight of the rake makes him think twice and has greatly reduced the attacks. He keeps rakes at strategic places - outside the coop, at the bottom of the deck stairs, by the back door, etc. When he doesn't have the rake, though, all bets are off - it's actually fairly hilarious to watch Moses sneaking up behind him when he doesn't realize what is happening, then he turns around and WHAM - Moses gets him. The rooster will literally stalk my husband and goes out of his way to hunt him down when he's outside. Moses actually looks like he's tiptoeing up behind him.
I find it very amusing; my husband - not so much.
My advice is to get a small rake or three.

I don't want to be afraid to be in my own yard because of a rooster.

Agreed. Life's too short and there are too many awesome roosters to put up with that garbage from a bird with a brain the size of a walnut. They do that, they're out of here, one way or another. Now, the bantam roosters are just plain comical. A standard rooster can knock you off your feet and I've already broken my ankle badly-can't risk injuring it again, or worse, breaking something else.​

BAD ROOSTER=GOOD DINNER
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Too funny...I can picture this grown man walking around with a small rake...just waiting for the rooster. I know it's not really funny but you know what I mean!

Back
Top Bottom