Bag out of Layena package (updated w tutorial)

OMG that is soo cute and creative! I am going to pull that Layena pkg I just threw away this morning back out of the garbage right now!!! Thanks for the link to help us make our own as well. Awesome!!

I made 2 Layena bag ones yesterday. I found an easy way to keep the folded sides under when you are sewing the handles. I used paper clips~ since pins would make little holes in the plastic bag. You could probably use masking tape too but the paper clips were really easy to pull off as I sewed. Arrg I hate my maching lol. I also found that if you do all your cutting on the bag (cutting the top part off for the handles) before you start sewing it is easier because you don't have such a big bag to cram through the machine (mine doesn't have a long arm like quilting machines do even though that's mostly what I use it for lol ). I noticed our new catfood bag is made out of the same material so I washed that out to make a shopping bag from that. I am sending them to my mom and grandmother..they will really like them.

Could you guys post pics of the other bags you are making?
Also, a woman at work has one made out of a burlap coffee sac. Her mil made it for her.

Ok, here's mine.....and yes, sewing those triangles in the bottom is the hardest!! The only poly bag I had available was a 50 lb. dog food bag.......But it was fun and makes for a real big heavy duty bag! Thanks for the wonderful thread--it is such a great way to recycle!!

DSC06788.jpg

Back
Top Bottom