Baked Eggs

HomestedHomeboy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Recently, I decided I would try to bake a few eggs in their shells. After a little playing with numbers, I think I've got a good recipe. Set your oven to about 350 degrees F. Put a few eggs in a muffin tin and slide 'em in for 25 minutes or so. Once they've cooled off, they will be about the same as hard boiled eggs, but they will be a little less pretty and peel a tad easier.

Never heard of that before! Interesting. I'll be watching
pop.gif

yes...first time when I heard something like that...you had to take a picture to convince us that it is worth trying :p

Haven't tried this but I did see a recipe where you put an egg in a half an avocado and bake, it looked so yummy I keep meaning to try it but my avocado's just don't last long enough I eat them too fast!

There is actually a recipe for an Easter bread where you color the uncooked eggs and coil a sweet dough around them. When the rolls are baked, the eggs are too. I think it was in a Farm Journal cookbook.

I bake eggs occasionally, and they're delicious. I don't cook the eggs in the shell, though. I butter (or spray Pam on) a small ramekin or baking dish. Break the eggs into the dish - salt/pepper - sprinkle fresh herbs on it if I have them handy - put into a 350 degree oven and bake for 11 minutes. I had to play around with the time to get an egg with the white firm and the yolk warm but not set. It really is wonderful - but I don't make them often because it is so much quicker to poach an egg, scramble it or make an omelet.

I made an Easter break like that except mine was savory and I didn't really like it all that much, but it was pretty and the eggs were cooked just like they had been hard boiled.... I've never cooked the eggs in the oven by themselves though.

Back
Top Bottom