Bald chicken is cold!

Abbey K

Hatching
Aug 19, 2019
One of my roosters got beat up pretty badly by the other two. They're now separated, but beat up roo has a completely bald head and part of his neck as well. He shivers during the day while the other chickens are fine. His weight is good so I'm assuming his lack of feathers is the issue. What do you all think about super glueing a hat on him? I know super glue can be used to close wounds, so I thought...maybe? Any other ideas?

One of my roosters got beat up pretty badly by the other two. They're now separated, but beat up roo has a completely bald head and part of his neck as well. He shivers during the day while the other chickens are fine. His weight is good so I'm assuming his lack of feathers is the issue. What do you all think about super glueing a hat on him? I know super glue can be used to close wounds, so I thought...maybe? Any other ideas?
Super glue, not a good idea. If the hat gets caught, then it will not come off, and could tear his skin apart of it doesn't get loose.
Take him inside a garage if possible. Then he can keep warm in there, and you can treat him until he is healed.

Back
Top Bottom