Bald polish?

Sekmet

Songster
7 Years
Dec 12, 2016
This is my first time having polish so I'm mostly clueless. I hatched some out about a month ago. Some have full fluffy crest, but on two of my birds the front of the crest are standing up like a headdress. Both of those birds are bald on the top of their heads. Is this a picking problem and if so, what's my best course of action? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230519_071532199_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230519_071532199_HDR.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 32
Sadly, Polish frequently have their crests removed by flock mates. Sometimes it becomes necessary to maintain them as a separate flock. How much space do they have? Boredom may be the issue.

Right now they're in a brooder. I keep making new boxes to lighten the load because I'm in the process of moving. It's very likely that they're bored. I added toys in the kennel my two goslings are in, but I don't have enrichment for the chicks. Do you have any suggestions?

This is my first time having polish so I'm mostly clueless. I hatched some out about a month ago. Some have full fluffy crest, but on two of my birds the front of the crest are standing up like a headdress. Both of those birds are bald on the top of their heads. Is this a picking problem and if so, what's my best course of action? Thanks.
I have a Polish white top and lots of top of his head the feathers fell out when balding old man. I thought I was the only one. When it first happened I treated everything from mites

I'll take a picture tomorrow Stanley's bald head

Back
Top Bottom