Banana Bread

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
I had a request for this so I thought I would post it for everyone.

Preheat oven to 350 - this recipe makes one REGULAR size loaf.

1 3/4 c flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
3 large ripe (very ripe) bananas
1/4 cups nuts optional

Combine all dry ingredients EXCEPT SUGAR and set aside. Mash the bananas with your mixer and add the sugar and eggs alternating each half and half.

Gradually mix in the remaining dry ingredients, add nuts. Pour into your pan and bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes.

droolin.gif

Ive always wondered if there is a too over ripe. I put one in some bread the other day that was brown (the actual banana). I had it in the fridge for a few days though..
Do the bananas rot further in the bread??

I usually put mine in the freezer when they start getting brown spots. They turn black and the inside is brown and I think that makes the best bread. That's what my Mom always did.

Quote:
I've never had a bread machine. I would love one. This recipe is my great-grandmother's so I doubt it was for a machine
lol.png

I was lucky enough to have a very good neighbor give me an extra machine she had and I love it but am just learning how to use. It didn't come with any paperwork or recipe's.
Yes it seems like grandma's recipe's were always best. One of mine use to make banana bread and the other had a recipe for AWESOME zuchinni (sp) sweet relish.

Quote:
Yep. When the fruit turns liquid and puddles out all over the counter, that's too ripe.
tongue.png

I make banana bread in my machine. It is a really nice texture. It makes great toast. It slices well. Use the cake/quick bread setting. you may want to add a smidge more flour. keep an eye on it as it mixes.
and even flops are good with butter. give it a try!

Back
Top Bottom