Banding my chickens legs

ChickenDude12345

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Northern NH
My chickens are 17 weeks tomorrow And I want to band them so I know who’s who. I was thinking of taking some regular old zip ties and coloring them 11 different colors. How tight should I put the zip ties and when should I cut them off? Just the basics on how I should do this pretty much.

Get some of these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...REC-_-PLP_Browse-_-205182486-_-203531919-_-N&
1632068702302.png

I bought an assortment of colored zipties. I'm still working on a code, but I'm putting a band representing their year on the left leg and personal ID on the right leg.

I'm also reserving all pink bands to put on broodies so that I can easily identify birds with that trait.

I bought an assortment of colored zipties. I'm still working on a code, but I'm putting a band representing their year on the left leg and personal ID on the right leg.

I'm also reserving all pink bands to put on broodies so that I can easily identify birds with that trait.
Nice I might get some removable zip ties to make it easier to take them off if I have to

Back
Top Bottom