Bank of America

Banking once was a profession. When employees were hired, they took classes from the American Institute of Banking. They knew what they were doing. Now days when you go the bank, you deal with someone working for minimum wage that really knows nothing about finance. They only know that the blue form goes with the pink, etc. They are like trained monkeys.

Try and send an envelope draft for collection. They have no idea what that is.

The Bank of Douglas was eaten up by the Arizona Bank. The Arizona Bank was eaten up by Security Pacific, who was in turn eaten up by the Bank of American. And they they were eaten up by Nations Bank out of North Carolina. They kept the Bank of America name, but pretty much got rid of the B or A people. This process was repeated nation wide.

The current culture in banking is driven by "performance metrics." That is why they constantly try to sell you accounts, so that the company can nickle and dime you to death with fees. If an employee fails to bug you about a new account, that is a black mark on their performance record. As a result, if you go into the bank fifteen times in one day, they will try to sell you a service at least sixteen times. It is insane.

Worse, although they are constantly selling accounts, they treat you like dirt unless you have at least a couple of hundred thousand on deposit.

What really made me mad, was that I heard that B of A loaned their TARP money out in China.

Rufus

Last edited:
I have WHAT in my yard? :

Seriously, the window for this is small. The courts are starting to find on behalf of the homeowners.

If you had a mortgage with countrywide or anyone and your mortgage was sold - especially to BOA - go to the sites (produce the note) that let you download the paperwork to file suit against them for your mortgage!!

These firms committed wide spread fraud and the courts know it. Submit the paperwork demanding that they produce the note - as in your original mortgage paperwork. When they cannot do that - and they rarely can - you may walk away with your house free and clear.

The courts will not get away with this for long. but they are doing it now. The banks violated the law and if they cannot prove you owe the money to them they cannot collect from you.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/13/us-financial-regulation-foreclosures-idUSTRE73C3DV20110413

Mrs. Turbo wrote: :

I have WHAT in my yard? wrote:

Seriously, the window for this is small. The courts are starting to find on behalf of the homeowners.

If you had a mortgage with countrywide or anyone and your mortgage was sold - especially to BOA - go to the sites (produce the note) that let you download the paperwork to file suit against them for your mortgage!!

These firms committed wide spread fraud and the courts know it. Submit the paperwork demanding that they produce the note - as in your original mortgage paperwork. When they cannot do that - and they rarely can - you may walk away with your house free and clear.

The courts will not get away with this for long. but they are doing it now. The banks violated the law and if they cannot prove you owe the money to them they cannot collect from you.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/ … DV20110413

Bank of America bought Countrywide so I don't think that will help.

It doesn't matter who bought it. A lot of times when paperwork is transferred from one institution to another the paperwork gets lost. Or shredded. Make sure they can produce the note. Many times they can't. As an aside, not long ago Wells Fargo foreclosed, or tried to, on a house that had been paid for in full in cash.

What would be my next step then? I looked at that website.....as of now. I see one problem in particular: Lenders would have to provide a single point of contact for borrowers involved in a foreclosure or loan modification program so they have a direct line to the servicer.

They are giving me a point of contact but no return contact has been made to me in over a month now. What is considered a servicer? The mod dept. customer service? Or the one working on my loan mod? The one working on my loan mod I have left her several voice mails and mod cs have sent her emails too to call me with the right phone numbers I don't know how many times now.

If my loan was with Country Wide originally. Then how can I get a copy of the original note? Do I ask BOA for a copy of the original note? I can't even get a phone call let a lone any documents, that is what I am afraid of.

I was told on 03/11/11 payments would be suspended for 4 months...this is a forbearance. I was told I would get paperwork to sign and go over. I was told I would be called back on 3/14/2011. None of this has happened.

I was told 04/11/11 that they did not get the paperwork that they were requesting. I had faxed it on 04/05/11. I was told the lady that is my direct contact would call me within 2 hours that day and she never did. Oh yeah also on this day I was transferred to the forberence dept. and they said there is notes on my account from 3/11/11 saying that payments would be suspended for 4 months, April, May, June, July.....but it has been canceled. No one told me they were canceling it?

04/12/11 I called and talked again to customer service mod. dept. they transferred me to FHA dept. because my loan is an FHA loan. This person said the paperwork was not received still, so I faxed it 3 times that afternoon again. That rep said wait till 04/14/11 to call and see if it is there. I will be calling tomorrow again.

Servicers would also be prohibited from so-called "dual tracking," the practice of starting a foreclosure while a loan modification is pending.

This one above as far as I know is being honored so far....but why do they tell me that they sent a letter and can start foreclosure but other people have told me now the modification is in process that it is on hold. I am told so many different things. I don't know what is true or who to believe.​

The Magic Spell you need to know is, "Produce The Note".

Put "Produce The Note" into Google and you'll get info on the attorneys you need.

Basically, it comes down to something like, Let's say I start claiming that I own my next-door neighbor's motorcycle. If I can't show papers like a bill of sale, etc., then I lose, obviously. Meanwhile my neighbor can show he's been keeping it registered, buying parts for it, gassing it up, etc. (And a registration except I know he's got it on a non-op right now.)

Quote:
I have one Credit Card with them that I use for business expenses.

They've made some serious mistakes, luckily, I have a client who works for them, so when I catch a mistake I call her. Otherwise, it would be a nightmare.

I just thought of something we refinanced with bank of america so that is now the original note right? They should be able to produce that I would think. They won't use the one from country wide if we refinanced with boa I don't think.

What would be my next step then? I looked at that website.....as of now. I see one problem in particular: Lenders would have to provide a single point of contact for borrowers involved in a foreclosure or loan modification program so they have a direct line to the servicer.

They are giving me a point of contact but no return contact has been made to me in over a month now. What is considered a servicer? The mod dept. customer service? Or the one working on my loan mod? The one working on my loan mod I have left her several voice mails and mod cs have sent her emails too to call me with the right phone numbers I don't know how many times now.

If my loan was with Country Wide originally. Then how can I get a copy of the original note? Do I ask BOA for a copy of the original note? I can't even get a phone call let a lone any documents, that is what I am afraid of.

I was told on 03/11/11 payments would be suspended for 4 months...this is a forbearance. I was told I would get paperwork to sign and go over. I was told I would be called back on 3/14/2011. None of this has happened.

I was told 04/11/11 that they did not get the paperwork that they were requesting. I had faxed it on 04/05/11. I was told the lady that is my direct contact would call me within 2 hours that day and she never did. Oh yeah also on this day I was transferred to the forberence dept. and they said there is notes on my account from 3/11/11 saying that payments would be suspended for 4 months, April, May, June, July.....but it has been canceled. No one told me they were canceling it?

04/12/11 I called and talked again to customer service mod. dept. they transferred me to FHA dept. because my loan is an FHA loan. This person said the paperwork was not received still, so I faxed it 3 times that afternoon again. That rep said wait till 04/14/11 to call and see if it is there. I will be calling tomorrow again.

Servicers would also be prohibited from so-called "dual tracking," the practice of starting a foreclosure while a loan modification is pending.

This one above as far as I know is being honored so far....but why do they tell me that they sent a letter and can start foreclosure but other people have told me now the modification is in process that it is on hold. I am told so many different things. I don't know what is true or who to believe.

I am SO checking into this. We've requested many times for a single point of contact, and can't get it. DH calls every single week, and since it's from his cell, I have the records of the calls made. We've been working on a loan mod for a long time now, and now this lawyer crap. It's ridiculous.​

OK - so they can't "produce the note" and you walk away owning your house free and clear - how is that not being just as dishonest as the bank?

Someone here in Iowa has found a loophole and has now walked away with 2! homes. One worth 500,000 ( a lot in Iowa)

One point - EVERYTHING needs to be backed up in writing - no matter who you deal with. Telephoning does nothing but frustrate the caller and also does not preserve any of your rights as a homeowner.
Any correspondence I send to BOA is done two ways - I state all my previous corrspondence dates, and make copies of the proof of delivery (Fedex or Post Office)
And then I send everything to them either certified or with delivery confirmation, depending on the size of the envelope.
Also, check out your RESPA laws - they need to try and resolve your situation within 60 days, they also have to acknowledge your questions/concerns/problems within 20 days - this is the law
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/rmra/res/reslettr

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom