Is there a Bedding that chickens won't eat?

My Three Chicks

Crowing
May 3, 2021
Seattle, WA
I've used pine bedding of various sizes (America's Choice) and am currently using straw bedding (Standlee Fresh Flock) in their coop. But inevitably I have a couple of chickens that will eat more of it than I'm comfortable with.

Do you all know of a bedding that the chickens WON'T eat? I'm currently looking at hemp. Or will they eat ANYTHING!?

They'll nibble at anything but shouldn't really eat enough to cause problems.

As far as hemp, inside the coop mine will dig and kick it around but they don't eat it. Throw that same hemp outside in the run and they'll occasionally snack on it like stale potato chips. :confused:

Mine have munched on everything (pine shavings, hemp, mulch, and sand). And not just little bites... giant mouthfuls, like they depend on it for survival 😓

It freaked me out for a while, but everyone is still happy and healthy so far.

I've used pine bedding of various sizes (America's Choice) and am currently using straw bedding (Standlee Fresh Flock) in their coop. But inevitably I have a couple of chickens that will eat more of it than I'm comfortable with.

Do you all know of a bedding that the chickens WON'T eat? I'm currently looking at hemp. Or will they eat ANYTHING!?
Peat moss.

Back
Top Bottom