Banning Kids In Restaurants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Here, if the bar serves food, children are allowed until 10 p.m. After that it's no kids. If they don't serve food then no kids period.

I understand if a restaurant has food that they should be in a seated section, but for a kid to be bellied up to the actual bar.....I just think that is wrong.

Quote:
Here, if the bar serves food, children are allowed until 10 p.m. After that it's no kids. If they don't serve food then no kids period.

I understand if a restaurant has food that they should be in a seated section, but for a kid to be bellied up to the actual bar.....I just think that is wrong.

Ditto...

Quote:

Yupp, true story. MN is special. My kids dance on the pool table at the bar and everyone laughs. Of course, there are 300 ppl in our town... my kids look forward every year to going to the bar on rifle opened for free chili and hunting stories. Most everything in rural areas is kid friendly, even the "nicer" establishments.

All this so called anti kids talk, it is not. Most of those comments are from people that have kids an have got a babysitter so they can have an adult night out. Running in to kids after going threw all that would make anyone cringe.

Quote:
this is true.

we went out for our anniversary to a place pretty far away which has NOT cheap food and the entire time I listened to a kid screaming, literally, screaming, and the parents ignored it and just visited and ate like they didnt even see the kid. I was peeved that I was paying a sitter but my kids would have been better behaved had I brought them with me than that kid was.

I wish everybody in all restaurants would use a low tone of voice. I really do get the impression sometimes that some of the more obnoxious adults are "performing" for the room.

Food in general is one of the great joys in my life and it is really disheartening to go to a really nice place and have the experience diminished by obnoxious children or adults.

Quote:
woot.gif
Right on!!!!! My dog is better behaved than 90% of the children I know. That is why I chose "dog child" over a baby
wink.png

First off, let me begin by stating that I have 2 children of my own,>pictured to your left< wouldnt trade them for the moon and stars, so it's safe to say i'm not a child hater, as a matter of fact, i absolutley adore children. >with ketchup
hide.gif
<

Secondly, this place is "banning" children under 6 years of age only. Which I don't see it to be such a horrible thing considering it is a Golfing Center aka country club type establishment. It's seating only holds I believe 65 spaces and is upscale dining, where I do not personally believe children belong. The article I read yesterday stated that they've never had a childs menu, and there have been problems with the noise for other patrons. I know PERSONALLY if i'm going to go out and have a nice, quiet meal with my husband, and without my kids...I don't want to be sitting there trying to carry on a conversation over someone elses children. Kids are kids, they're going to be silly, and make funny faces and goofy noises. It's what they do best...they just wont be able to do it in an upscale, "stuffy" restaurant like this. Many places have done similar things in the past..it isnt something new.

I take my kids with me 98% of the time, no matter what i'm doing, they are expected to behave properly but sometimes it's just not in the stars to happen that way and we rush through our errands or our dinner and we're out of there. I am a parent who refuses to allow my children to dictate my life and interfere with things i must get done, so I won't drop everything and leave a store, but i do nip the problem in the bud asap and i don't dottle around in completing my "mission" Dinner on the other hand has been boxed up and taken home to eat several times even before it was brought to our table.

This is certainly not a place i would even consider taking my kids in the first place.
http://www.mcdains.com/index.html

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for sharing the article contents! This makes more sense as to why they would be banning children from their establishment.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the article contents! This makes more sense as to why they would be banning children from their establishment.
thumbsup.gif

Most welcome, the original post I don't believe included the article about it happening. I'm looking for the one I read yesterday since all the ones from today are short snippets of it. If i can get it, i'll post it.

update: Found it!!!! It's a 68 seat establishment...sorry not 65

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/blogs/...years-old/?cmpid=FCST_hero_hot' rel='nofollow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom