Banning pit bulls in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not right at all!!!!!!!! The bad ones yes. But there are many that have a great tempermant. They should put down the owners instead that have the dogs they can't control! What about all the little ankle biters that bite people with no warning. I probably am just partial because I had a pit a long time ago and she was the cutest most loveable dog besides my labs and a rotty that I had as well. My neighbor down the street has to walk down her driveway in the morning with her kids because every morining the neighbor puts out their german shepards and the dogs growl and bark at the children and try to break their chains to get at them. Banning isn't the right way to go at all. So many wonderful dogs will be gone. I couldn't do it. I would hide my dog. It ios wrong to ask a person to hand over a family member so they can be put down.
rant.gif
:thun
hit.gif

Placed it on my site! BSL is a HORRIBLE idea! There are far better ways to control the problems with pit bulls and other power breeds. It's like banning guns..... only the honest good people will lose their rights to responsible ownership! All of the wrong people with no regard for laws and regulations will still continue to own, breed and fight pit bulls
sad.png

I not a pit bull fan, but that is just stupid to completly ban a dog like that state wide. Thats just wrong to kill them all like that.

people are so ignorant:mad:. It is how the dog is raised. Every time a socalled vicious breed bites it hits the media, I bet if everybody that got bit by a chiwawa (sorry cant spell ) or a poodle hit the news they wouldnt have time to air the weather forcast. No Im not saying ppoodles and chiwawas are mean but they do bite just as much or more than a properly raised pit. My grandpa always had poodles (well treated) and the 4 he had (1 at a time) during my life where all little nippers. Just because the pit is bigger and does more damage we get negative attitude. My pit is almost 12 and he wouldnt hurt anybody or any other animal he loves newborn kitties and pups plus opened the chicken pen door when we first got them he just wanted to see them. he likes ferrets too and pigs. maybe ignorant people should be euthenized. Sorry had to vent. We would sell are house and move before we gave up are nicest dog who problely only has a few years left:mad::mad:

Last edited:
If they are going to do something like that, which I do NOT agree with, then the pitbulls that are peoples pets should be grandfathered in. There are plenty of great pit bulls out there. It depends on the owner how the dogs are going to act. It isnt right to take away someones pet and kill it. It makes me sick, pretty soon these bans are going to spread like wildfire, with even more breeds being banned.

I think there is a much better solution to a problem like this. If it was my choice personally, I would say you needed a permit/license to own a pitbull(or any powerful breed). To get the license you would have to prove you know how to successfully care and control a large powerful dog and that you have the facilities to do so.

I think by requiring a permit or license, you are still allowing the responsible dog-owners to have whatever breed they want and can control, it would be beneficial to the dogs as well as the responsible doq-owner. I think it would prevent the people who want pitbulls as "fashion statements", the people who breed them poorly(leading to over-aggressive dogs) and the people who fight them from owning these dogs. It is these people who are creating the problem, not the breed itself. And perhaps even another license to breed these powerful breeds. In the hands of responsible breeders and owners, these are great dogs.

A state-wide ban is not the solution, they will only find another powerful breed to take the place of the pitbull.

-Kim

Last edited:
Oh, my. I could say lots about this-some of which has been said and some of which I'd better not say.
sad.png
sad.png

I can see the dog wardens rising up in protest about this law. Those poor people already have to deal with dear sweet dogs who have to be euthanized, plus deadbeat pet owners. The last thing they need is having to care for and euthanize dear sweet pit bulls whose only crime is being a pit bull and deal with their furious, devastated owners. Seems like that would be grounds for suing the state of Ohio for emotional trauma. Oh, yeah, and the owners of said pit bulls could do the same.

Recently the city of Fort Wayne considered banning pit bulls after several high profile aggression cases. They wisely chose not to and toughened their dangerous dog ordinance instead. If the state of Ohio was REALLY concerned about protecting people from dangerous dogs, they'd do the same.

Ban Stupid People. Now that's legislation I can get behind....

It's irresponsible owners and the irresponsible breeding to blame, period. Besides, I don't see how BSL ever works...pits are not a standardized breed, like your AKC recognized breeds. There is such a wide variance among them....and a lot of other breeds look like pits, too. How are you supposed to tell who is really a "pit bull" and who isn't? I have 3 rescues, all pit bull or pit bull mixes, and they all look very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom