Bantam chick ID - Sold as EE pullets

lomine

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 7, 2015
Peyton, CO
I picked up these chicks from TS about a week and a half ago. I was told they were bantam EE pullets. I know bantams aren't normally sold as sexed, so I knew there was a chance this was very wrong. They were so interesting looking so I figured even if that's wrong it's not a big deal. They were all exactly the same looking too, which I thought was weird for EEs. Now they've grown a bit and I'm really wondering what is going on with these birds. They have long legs (way longer than the straight run mixed bantams I picked up the same day) and kind of odd-looking faces. Their eyes seem really big to me. I called TS to see what hatchery they used to see if I could look them up, but the guy I talked to didn't know and I didn't want to wait on hold while someone looked through their order paperwork. I'm curious if anyone on BYC has seen these chicks before.

bird01.jpg

bird02.jpg

bird03.jpg

bird04.jpg

I picked up these chicks from TS about a week and a half ago. I was told they were bantam EE pullets. I know bantams aren't normally sold as sexed, so I knew there was a chance this was very wrong. They were so interesting looking so I figured even if that's wrong it's not a big deal. They were all exactly the same looking too, which I thought was weird for EEs. Now they've grown a bit and I'm really wondering what is going on with these birds. They have long legs (way longer than the straight run mixed bantams I picked up the same day) and kind of odd-looking faces. Their eyes seem really big to me. I called TS to see what hatchery they used to see if I could look them up, but the guy I talked to didn't know and I didn't want to wait on hold while someone looked through their order paperwork. I'm curious if anyone on BYC has seen these chicks before.

View attachment 3083480
View attachment 3083482
View attachment 3083483
View attachment 3083484
Uhhh...they look like Ringneck Pheasant chicks. 😆

Thought you all would like to know that I decided not to keep the pheasants. After some research, I concluded they weren't for me. Yesterday they went to another home with a woman that got the very last pheasant chick from TS. She apparently suspected right away that it wasn't a chicken and asked for a closer look. Maybe I should have done that. :p Anyway, her little chick should be happy now to have its own kind as company as it was currently hissing at her turkey poults. :lol: TS gave me a full refund, so it all worked out in the end.

Back
Top Bottom