Bantam Chicks Breed and Sex

I think I'm in denial about the wyandotte that isn't Heihei 🤣 that bird is so beautiful though!

I like trousers more pants here are your underwear so it does make chuckle but if I had the choice I'd live in North Carolina or Georgia.

Was Z okay after the fight?

I think I'm in denial about the wyandotte that isn't Heihei 🤣 that bird is so beautiful though!

I like trousers more pants here are your underwear so it does make chuckle but if I had the choice I'd live in North Carolina or Georgia.

Was Z okay after the fight?
I was in denial with Cappa once. I thought he was a hen, and the fam got so used to calling him Cappuccina that we couldn't switch to Cappuccino.
:D Both beautiful places to live.

Yeah, he was a bit torn up, but he healed. That I stuck him by the house so I could make a nestbox ready for him and make sure all the coop lights were off the other chickens didn't peck at him. When I came back, he was just waiting for me. He's a big shy sweetie. :D

I was in denial with Cappa once. I thought he was a hen, and the fam got so used to calling him Cappuccina that we couldn't switch to Cappuccino.
:D Both beautiful places to live.

Yeah, he was a bit torn up, but he healed. That I stuck him by the house so I could make a nestbox ready for him and make sure all the coop lights were off the other chickens didn't peck at him. When I came back, he was just waiting for me. He's a big shy sweetie. :D
Aww bless him!

They are almost 6 weeks now.

Heihei is camera shy but she has very little wattle or comb growth so fingers crossed for a pullet.

The BLSW must be a Roo, very much hoping we can keep him.

The light brown Pekin/Cochin looks to be pullet I think.

The dark brown Pekin/Cochin looks to be a Roo. I think he is the one we'll take back to the farm. He's my daughter's favourite and she's gutted but there is no way we could keep two Roos!

Anyone see anything different?

Attachments

• PXL_20220623_185132727.jpg
    PXL_20220623_185132727.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220623_185127016.jpg
    PXL_20220623_185127016.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220623_185122232.jpg
    PXL_20220623_185122232.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220623_185143872.jpg
    PXL_20220623_185143872.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 2
They are almost 6 weeks now.

Heihei is camera shy but she has very little wattle or comb growth so fingers crossed for a pullet.

The BLSW must be a Roo, very much hoping we can keep him.

The light brown Pekin/Cochin looks to be pullet I think.

The dark brown Pekin/Cochin looks to be a Roo. I think he is the one we'll take back to the farm. He's my daughter's favourite and she's gutted but there is no way we could keep two Roos!

Anyone see anything different?
I'd say you're completely correct. Just four chicks, right? Also, you might consider keeping both roos. Since they've been raised alongside the pullets and because they sould very nice, they may be able to get along just fine. If they don't and you still want both, you could get a few more hens... It's called chicken math, and I advocate it. :D

Man, those Pekins are stocky. I have four pullets and a cockerel right now that aren't full grown, two Polish, one Black Jersey Giant, two Silver Laced Wyandottes, and they're much more petite. Your darlings are lovely. :D

They are little fatties!

Their names are Nugget, Kiev and Yondu.....the children named them....

Our biggest issue with keeping them is we live in suburbia sadly. We want to move to the country but land of any size here is mega money. We live in the most expensive county outside of London so we are talking ÂŁ1 million+ these days. You can't build on agricultural land (which is a good thing really). So we have a big garden in English terms but are surrounded by neighbours. Very middle class, vanilla neighbours....

They are little fatties!

Their names are Nugget, Kiev and Yondu.....the children named them....

Our biggest issue with keeping them is we live in suburbia sadly. We want to move to the country but land of any size here is mega money. We live in the most expensive county outside of London so we are talking ÂŁ1 million+ these days. You can't build on agricultural land (which is a good thing really). So we have a big garden in English terms but are surrounded by neighbours. Very middle class, vanilla neighbours....
Those names... 🤣 I love them.

I'd prefer to be a chocolate neighbor. :D How much space are you planning to dedicate to these little guys, and how far away are you from your vanilla neighbors?

Also, my bator just provided me with two new cheepers! I'm waiting for two other eggs to hatch, and then I'll move them to the brooder and take pictures. I'll start a new thread and add you, if you want.

I'd prefer to be a chocolate neighbor. :D How much space are you planning to dedicate to these little guys, and how far away are you from your vanilla neighbors?

Also, my bator just provided me with two new cheepers! I'm waiting for two other eggs to hatch, and then I'll move them to the brooder and take pictures. I'll start a new thread and add you, if you want.
One's hatching! I'll check later, off to welcome an Americauna mutt!

One's hatching! I'll check later, off to welcome an Americauna mutt!

Excellent flavour choice 🤣

They are going to have a hefty area right now it's about 3m x 5m but husband is extending 3m to the side and this will give them another 5m length. This is because most of our hens are normal size and only these 4 are the bantams.

We are going to make the run so it will allow for three sections. One for the bantams if the introduction doesn't go well and 1 that can be opened or closed depending if we have chicks and the main run. They will also free range 2 - 3 times a week supervised. We have big predator problems and they wouldn't last 5 mins free ranging without us here.

All our gardens are around 60-70ft long and 50ft wide and run side by side.

How exciting you have a hatch in progress! This is why I'd love to keep the boys, please do add me to the thread!

Back
Top Bottom