Bantam chicks breed identification :P

amberdean1014

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 20, 2014
Can anyone give me an idea of what type of bantam chicks these guys are? They are supposed to all be female. It was an impulse buy at the feed store lol Thanks!

Last edited:
welcome to BYC, I dont know anyone that sexes bantams, its possible but very hard thing for the pros to do. Is the first one in your hand have black skin and 5 toes? the one with the white and black wing feathers coming on it looks to be a silver seabright. I dont know the others.

I also agree with Silver Sebright, and I'm going to guess Speckled Sussex for the chipmunk looking one. :]

This is a Speckled Sussex chick I found on the internet..

Neat! Thank you! I'm excited! The possible silver seabright chick was the only one in the batch with that coloration and ran right up to me immediately. I grabbed the three that seems the more curious and friendly. I wish I had more room, I want to go get a few more lol.

Can anyone give me an idea of what type of bantam chicks these guys are? They are supposed to all be female. It was an impulse buy at the feed store lol Thanks!

Probably a Black Silkie if it has an extra toe.
One on left is probably a Black Breasted Red Old English Game bantam, since they are common and have that color pattern. The chick on the right is a Silver Sebright.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom