Bantam Cochin egg size.

Ty'sChicks

Hatching
10 Years
Nov 9, 2009
What size eggs can I expect out of my little hens? Im hoping they will be at least med size but there doesn't seem to be much info on bantam egg size that I can find anyway. Thank you for any help!

i'd say about half the size- depends on the hen- this pic is from izzy, my cochin mix, she lays about every other day-

24037_izzyegg.jpg

the larger egg is from my BO standard hen..

this is izzy

4293196717_74fe582490.jpg

how old are yours?

They are just 10 weeks old now so I know I have a while to wait. Here are my babys with my Son Ty. The larger chick is a sweet mix breed.
44282_dsc05744.jpg

Ty'sChicks :

They are just 10 weeks old now so I know I have a while to wait. Here are my babys with my Son Ty. The larger chick is a sweet mix breed.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/44282_dsc05744.jpg

I had 2 of my bantam cochins lay at 14 weeks! I was so surprised when I went down, bc I wasn't looking for eggs yet! I had a 3rd lay at around 19 weeks, and just today, I had 4 eggs in 1 day! They are around 26 weeks old now! Most of the girls faces are turning red, and I think more will start laying soon! That means babies for spring! WOOHOO!​

My bantam cochin hens lay an egg that's roughly half the size of the big girls'. When I cook with them, I use two to replace a regular egg. My kids love them fried... they're the perfect size for them!

Back
Top Bottom