Bantam Cochin thread.

ScottyChic, your Pekins are lovely. It would be nice if we had some here in the states to cross with our Cochin bantams or keep a pure strain. From what I can gather, they are different from our Cochins, and superior in some ways. Heaven help us when we are so egotistical we can't appreciate improving our own birds.

Since there is no thread under Breeds for Pekins, maybe you should start one. Maybe you will get some interest from others in the UK.

Last edited:
Hi Gootzie Cat ( i do love cats too
frow.gif
)

I just love my Pekin Bantams but your Cochins are nice too. If you want to google 'The Pekin Bantam Club of Great Britain' - you should be able to get lots of information on our Pekins and you can then compare them firsthand with your Cochins.

They certainly are similar.

I don't know if anyone would appreciate a Scot starting up a 'New Breed' on your Site................................
After all this seems to be an American Site.
When and where was this site set up?

It's after 11.30pm here, so i shall sign off now but shall be back on tomorrow.

Do you have many Cochins yourself? Have you any pictures you would like to share?

Goodnight

It's an everybody site! People from Australia, Germany, South Africa, etc all post here and have started threads :) So go for it ScottyChic! We all love new topics.

Hello
Does anybody know how many bantam eggs and large fowl eggs can a pekin (bantam Cochin) sit on
Thanks
1f60a.png

Hi! I've got 3 new bantam cochin chicks and I'm trying to figure out what color (s) I ended up with. I got some help in another thread but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try here too ! :) The current guesses are black, black, and maybe a mottled. What do you think? Thanks for any guesses!
Chick #1 Black?

Chick #2 Black?

Chick #3 Mottled? Black?

These are the first little cochins I've had and I'm already in love with them! So tiny and they sound like crickets chirping! :)

Hi! I've got 3 new bantam cochin chicks and I'm trying to figure out what color (s) I ended up with. I got some help in another thread but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try here too ! :) The current guesses are black, black, and maybe a mottled. What do you think? Thanks for any guesses!
Chick #1 Black?

Chick #2 Black?

Chick #3 Mottled? Black?

These are the first little cochins I've had and I'm already in love with them! So tiny and they sound like crickets chirping! :)

1st 2 blk mottleds
3rd blk/blue mottled!
Congrats but I must WARN YOU!
Their super additive!
I currently have 65 adults and 64 babies
And just bought 24 more calico/millie hatching eggs!

1st 2 blk mottleds
3rd blk/blue mottled!
Congrats but I must WARN YOU!
Their super additive!
I currently have 65 adults and 64 babies
And just bought 24 more calico/millie hatching eggs!

Oh boy! I'm super excited for 3 mottleds! Especially the blue, how fun! I might try and post some more pics in a week and see if you still think mottleds, if you don't mind? Lol, I'm definitely hooked on these little fluffs! I looked up the calico color since I've never heard of that and WOW! Those are so pretty! I don't suppose you've got any tips for telling pullets from cockerels? With so many birds you've got to have the experience! Lol! Thanks again for the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom