Bantam Cochin thread.

Right now I will just post a picture of Tuffy. He is a Mottled Cockerel and is 7.5 months old. He lost some tail/mound feathers to a sneak attack. If no one is around he holds his wings high and tight like he should, but he can't resist threatening everyone.

Click image for full size Picture.

Matt

Quote:
Jazz looks like he was sired by a MF roo. Was she around one of those?

To the best of my knowledge, she doesn't have any MFs. But Bernita does raise and show everything from Partridge to Mottled to Birchen and Brown Red. GLs have both the Pg and Co genes, which both work in mysterious ways with every other gene they come in contact with! I'm anxious to see how he matures!!

Quote:
The sneak attack was from a little Dutch Rooster that he had been threatening through the wire of his pen. The Dutch are freeranging and Tuffy and Gabbi are in a 6x10 PVC Lot. They get out a couple hours each day. That day I wasn't paying attention and "Little Wing" got around me. He managed to remove ALOT of Tuffy's tail feathers in an instant.

I checked the feathers to see if they were broke or pulled. It looks like all were pulled completely out. I am hoping they grow back by Oct 30 for the Morganton, NC show. I also want to see what he looks like clean and blow dried. He is currently running around getting dirty, taking dust baths, and having fun.

Matt

Last edited:
Quote:
Did you try using the search? Because there are 2 different Cochin threads besides this one right now...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=195235

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=266866&p=1

Not that there can ever be too many
big_smile.png
, it's just that it gets confusing with so many of them, trying to keep track of which one(s) you've posted on...

Anyways, here are some of my Bantam Cochins:

Trio of Blue Mottleds that I bought for myself as a 4th of July present this year:
July2010180.jpg

Young Columbians:
July2010176.jpg

July2010169.jpg

these are my banty cochins- izzy aka isabelle- a mix cochin/ee maybe? and snowball, who has totally stolen my heart!

24037_snball.jpg

4293196717_74fe582490.jpg

my breeding direction has changed since snowball entered the family!LOL!

edited to add Captain, my new year old rooster-

24037_captain.jpg

the girls had no problem with him...like they had always known him

Last edited:
Here are pictures of my bantam cochins

This is one of my 4-5 month old Mottled cochin ckls
32929_4_month_ckl.jpg

This is Miss Thing she is also 4-5 months old mottled cochin
32929_miss_thing_1.jpg

another picture of Miss thing
32929_miss_thing.jpg

Here is Tex, Mottled Roo