BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
What age should I expect my little blue frizzle to go broody? She is about 15 months old now.

Miss Dixie just started laying end of February, beginning of March, I hatched 6 of her babies in the incubator, and she went broody on April 1st...

When they are a year old, in the spring

Is this unusual? My Calico is the same age, and I can't even get her to lay in the nest! She just lays where She pleases and plays soccer with the eggs!

Last edited:
Hope Pippa is feeling better...I wonder if feisty comes with the color?

Miss Dixie is really feisty! I hope she doesn't teach the babies she's skitti,g on to fear me...

I've had her since February, and she just hasn't warmed up to me at all...

Now she's broody, and wants even less to do with me... :-(

I don't know, my bantams are the sweetest of my bunch. They love to be held and cuddled and Pat. When I put them on my hand, they often just settle right in and sit down.

However, handling early helps a lot. I had one from a day-old, and she is very tame. The other I just recently got around five months and she was handled a little before, but she is just as sweet.

I think hand feeding some treats like berries or scratch will help. See if she will come close enough to eat from your hand.

I can pick up Callie now...I'm sure Miss Dixie will come around eventually...

I need to rethink her run, I can't get in there to try to interact, I can get in Callies...

I had the two pairs together, but the Red roo was more dominant, and all 3 would pick on the Calico roo... Now that they are paired up, their is peace and Valentine found his crow...

I'd like to be able to handle them more so I can move them to a grassy yard during the daytime...

Doc Jr. My OE x fights with Romeo, who picks on Valentine, so I can't let everyone free range...

So keeping all 10 bantys in the cute blue basket to get a picture is impossible!! So I put them in a 5 gal bucket instead! Lol

Of the 3 hatched the 29/30th 1 ended up a frizzle, there are 2 possibly 3 that were hatched the 4/5th that are starting to show frizzle!

The blue one from the 29/30th is just now starting to feather...I'm not sure what is up with that!?!

I am pretty sure my mottled Cochin bantam chick is a boy. All the chicks are guaranteed girls from MyPetChicken. Any ideas?

This is "him", he will be 5 weeks old Monday. He is still small with not much feather growth. His comb is bigger that the other single combed chicks we have, they aren't the same breed tho.

This is a "her" at 3 weeks that we sold, she has way more feathers.

So keeping all 10 bantys in the cute blue basket to get a picture is impossible!! So I put them in a 5 gal bucket instead! Lol

Of the 3 hatched the 29/30th 1 ended up a frizzle, there are 2 possibly 3 that were hatched the 4/5th that are starting to show frizzle!

The blue one from the 29/30th is just now starting to feather...I'm not sure what is up with that!?!
LOL...I bet they are quick little buggers! I love your little blue
love.gif
The slow to feather may mean its a boy
hide.gif
Adorable little bunch with a lot of color variety! Hope I hatch the same
big_smile.png
No frizzles though...all smooth bantam cochins!

LOL...I bet they are quick little buggers! I love your little blue :love   The slow to feather may mean its a boy :oops:  Adorable little bunch with a lot of color variety! Hope I hatch the same :D  No frizzles though...all smooth bantam cochins!

Yeah...even if he is a roo he will be too pretty to sell! Unless it's for a bundle! Lol

I'll have to cross him with my Light Brahma and see What I get! She is 5 weeks today and so gorgeous white and black... Her wings look like an angels! I'll have to go get a good picture of her....

Silverlaced wyandottes, New Hampshire reds, and one light Brahma!

She is supposed to be huge...that should be logistically interesting! Lol

Back
Top Bottom