bantam eggs hatching early when to stop turning?

Is light bad for the eggs? Mine are next to my fish tak and its not to bright but its not dark. Will it hurt them? Its day 20.

Last edited:
So... 2 out of 4 have hatched so far. How long should I keep the 2 that haven't hatched in there? It bin around 5 hours since the second chick has hatched.

So... 2 out of 4 have hatched so far. How long should I keep the 2 that haven't hatched in there? It bin around 5 hours since the second chick has hatched.
It's personal choice how long you want to keep them in the incuabator after hatch. Many people don't remove chicks until after the hatch is over. Some wait until they are dried off and fluffed before they pull them out and then there are those of us that pull them sooner. I myself pull mine once they are up and active. I put them in the brooder under the light and when they are ready they have water and food at their disposal.

If you have your humidity up and your bator recovers easily after opening and you have your brooder heated at one end and out of drafts, there's no reason not to pull t hem when you are comfortable.

With that being said, the peeping from the other chicks do motivate the other chicks to hatch. I substitute this by using chick chirping videos from youtube that I play at the bator periodically during pipping and on a loop if I have a zipper.

Back
Top Bottom