Bantam hen with bloody discharge coming from vent?

Yes, you can hold off, or get some 250 mg amoxicillin and give quarter of that. Do you have any other antibiotics?
Okay good to know. I’d prefer not to even give the to her, holistic brain over here, but I am more concerned about the consequences if I don’t get her antibiotics.
I wish I did. I can get her some next week, the closest feed store is 45 minutes away unfortunately.
I have Oil of Oregano I think I’ll try. It’s an alternative to antibiotics and commonly used in meat birds in the poultry industry. For farmers who raise antibiotic free organic birds.

I also have this that our herbalist gave us a bit ago for an infected wound. It’s for people, but I’m going to try it on Lacey anyway.
image.jpg

Update: Today went well knowing her condition. She doesn't seem to fazed at all. She been pooping, drinking, perching, eating and flicking her food around as if nothing was wrong. ;) She was even trying to perch on her feeder dish today, so I put a piece of firewood in her crate to perch on. Her back end may look pretty awful, but at least she has high spirits.:)

Run each of those herbs through a search for toxicity to poultry before giving to a chicken.
One step ahead of ya. :) All come up as a go. I diluted the people dose in a smaller of water, than used about a tsp of that to make a dough ball with some chicken feed. Put 1 tiny drop from an Oil of Oregano capsule in that dough ball as well, and I probably only got half of it in her. She wasn't into me popping that into her beak. I'll continue that daily and we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom