Bantam ID Assistance

Widget

Songster
11 Years
Sep 30, 2008
Limington, Maine
Okay. I need help with the breeds on three of my bantams. Figured I would ask the experts. They were from the Ideal Bantam Special last October. So they are 12 weeks old. Certainly ready to go out into the outdoor world but would get buried in the snow so they get to stay in the basement for a bit longer.

16470_littleroo2.jpg

16470_littleroo.jpg

I've figured out this one is a roo but that's it. He is still half the size of the other bantams. Lots of personality. I know I have a couple silkies and cochins who are the same age (three months) for a size comparison.

16470_unknown.jpg

Pullet? Unknown breed. Again three months old.

16470_unknown2.jpg

Pullet? Unknown breed. Also three months old.

16470_p1010001.jpg

Great Pyrenees. Female. Couch Potato? Sorry she made me post her picture too.
smile.png

Old English Game Bantams-
Crele,
Birchen,
Looks to be a bad Pyle colored Cornish bantam

Chris

I would say...

First one is a Crele Old English
Second One is a Gray Japanese, just not a great one. I think it looks like she has yellow feet.
Third One... is a poor White Laced Red Cornish Bantam. I ordered 25 of those from Ideal last year and I ended up with about 8 like that one.

I would say OEGB for the first one but really looks like the Barred ones I'm raising now. The second one is a Gray Japanese - I have one in the flock now but she has more white/gray around her neck. No idea about the last one.

Thanks for the input. At least everyone agrees that the roo is OEG. He is my favorite of the bunch. Don't know why since he is the one that constantly found a way to get out of the brooder. Hasn't done it in a couple weeks so I guess he figured out that the food and water are on the inside. And a way too curious cat is sometimes on the outside. Can't wait to see what he does when he finally goes out to the coop.

Quote:
It is old english game crele;
old english game birchen, but its tail carriage is a bit high, making it look almost likea long tailed Japanese;
jubilee indian game is a British term for Red laced Cornish. However, its lacing is not good. Would be diqualified at a show. But as a pet you should enjoy them.

I am not able to look at what Ideal has on their site. I thought OEG with the first two picture, the little black pullet-I don't know and won't pretend. The third one I have to agree with karabittry, it looks like a poor colored WLRCornish. I know they carry those at Ideal. It has a very typical Cornish body and posture.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom