Bantam Marans adventure

From what I understand they are real bantam Marans....

The person I got eggs from has been breeding LF Marans for 11 years, and working on the bantams for nearly as long with several other breeders (some of which I have contacted and have told me he is a reputable breeder- not just someone looking for a quick buck.)

Does not seem like a scam to me, but we will see what hatches out, as well as how much they weigh full grown.

Just because you, personally, have never heard of Marans bantams in the US, that does not mean it's impossible that there are some. I have been doing a LOT of research on this breed, and from what I understand there were people with them a while ago and they lost popularity like many heritage breeds and now only very few people in the country still have them.

I will update this thread as I get more to update about.
roll.png

Oh -- and the "bantam Marans" eggs I got are only slightly bigger in size than eggs from my POL 8-month-old bantam cochins. This is a good indicator to me that they are not LF marans eggs. Just in case you were wondering.

My quest for Bantam Marans is still going. I have considered importing them from the UK where they are slightly more common, but the importing laws surrounding hatching eggs are pretty strict. The eggs need to be accompanied by a vet check and a health form from the flock they came from. It was pretty interesting to learn about the importation laws actually.

I candled my eggs. out of 10, 2 had blood rings, 6 have wobbling babies, and 2 are still questionable. I left the ? ones in and took the blood ring ones out. but 6! 6 is a good number.

fl.gif
hoping for 5 girls and 1 boy....

Good luck and fingers crossed for you. I'm really curious to see what colors you get and everything. I'm actually pretty excited for you!

Back
Top Bottom