Bantam Marans adventure

xyresicchick

Songster
Mar 5, 2010
Providence, RI
"I am getting bantam marans" was the original title of this thread, but since they are now HERE, i felt that i needed to change the title to something more exciting
smile.png
(eta that!) orignal post was the following:

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

eggs are not as dark as standard marans, but about a 4 or 5 on the egg color scale. Still awesome though! I am eggcited!

Last edited:
I am getting eggs. I will definitely post ALL ABOUT THEM! don't you worry about that!
big_smile.png

I am excited because from what I understand there are only 5 breeders of them in the entire US.... that is not very many. It took me a long time to find the few I have contacted, and even longer to get eggs. I am very happy.

I have been hassling/bribing people for a long time trying to get these... and I paid a lot for them. I don't think it's my place to give out the info for who I am getting them from but I will tell you there are two people with them in Ohio and it's one of them...

If you want to try to get some, you can try the Marans club of America or the darkegglayers group on yahoo. I have been there a lot.... nagging and trying to track people down. Many of the people working on the Bantam Marans do NOT want to give out any of their birds or eggs.

I plan on working with them for a while so hopefully I will get some good breeders.

I may begin selling eggs next year if they are any good.

some photos, sorry it's not the best lighting- but did the best I could. they look so much less impressive in these photos than they are in real life. they're such a rich color- like a burnt sienna.

167530_495334598069_558208069_5960025_6622142_n.jpg

164144_495346973069_558208069_5960203_16770_n.jpg

I will try for some better shots later. will get out my art studio/director lights
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom