Bantam Polish Folks..............Got Lavender?

OK! Let's try this.....
pop.gif

19867_lave_project_4.jpg

19867_lave_project_3.jpg

19867_lave_project_2.jpg

19867_lav_project.jpg

Katie, hoping this works
fl.gif

Kat -

I don't know how to resize the pics the owner sent me.

That is a white in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pics; and a blue in the 4th pic to show color differential.

I don't know anything more about the birds, I simply posted the pics the owner sent me off-list, since they were having difficulty with the BYC upload procedure.
smile.png

Katie

Quote:
I was thinking khakis too as soon as I saw them, they do apear to have a lighter blue tint, but have a khaki look too?

Glad to finally see them though! Funny how the crest stayed white on a self blue bird.

Nope, never heard of them in the breed, wish I did....
Have or have had bantams in wc black, wc blue, blue, khaki, wc khaki, all the laced, crele, cuckoo, black, white, black crested white, black tailed reds, and white laced reds, and tolbunt (large fowl). Just about all of them. but never a self blue!
Right now I am down to the bc whites, whites,a few wc black, mottled houdans, and crevecoeur in bantams, thanks to a massive predator invasion over the winter, cleaned up on some near blind polish in 2-3 nights, I was SICK to say the least

They look nice but I don't know much about them I would like to hear if they bred these birds to an unrelated black what they got. If they got 100% black I might believe it was lavender but if its 50% 50% then they are blue or something else not true lavenders. Who knows I am not a lavender or polish expert by any means.

Henry

Quote:
I was thinking khakis too as soon as I saw them, they do apear to have a lighter blue tint, but have a khaki look too?

Glad to finally see them though! Funny how the crest stayed white on a self blue bird.

You mention the white crest--how does self blue affect white, typically?

Henry, you are correct--and that would be the only way to truly know--breed them back to an unrelated black and/or to each other & see what happens. I have had genetically andalusian blue bantam Polish that look similar to these. I believe that these could be, in fact, blue (just very light blue w/no edging on the feathers. It hapens). BUT--it would be far more awesome if they are lavender!
smile.png
Here's hoping. That would be very exciting.

I've seen some khakis and they look some what like it. There are some dun coloring in them. some of them look white, light blues. The second and third pics looks like lavenders.

I must say it is either the camera is not revealing the lavender colors on these Polishes or it is not really that color in true light.

Back
Top Bottom