Bantam rooster breeds with standard

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
What then are the chicks,
Bantams or standard?

I would like to keep a bantam favorelle rooster..but if he were to fertilize an LF favorelle

Then what are the babies?

Probably chicks will be slighly larger than bantam and slightly smaller than LF. Maybe, maybe not. If momma is LF, may be very little difference in size. That's just my SWAG (Scientific, Wild-backsideed Guess).

I saw a post about that not too long ago. I believe the offspring were somewhere in the middle. The discussion was about someone's LG roo over a bantam hen.
ep.gif
Can you say "ouch"!

I once had a Dominique roo mate with a tiny Rosecomb bantam hen. No idea how it happened, or how she survived. Lol. Her babies were adorable, although about twice her size and barred like the dad. As for bantam roosters on standard hens, i'd say go with silkies. Not only are they large enough to easily enough mate with the standard hens, the babies are always stunning and very cute!

They'll be somewhere in between. I have a very precocious red bantam cochin roo that proved this to me. For a while, I was letting him and his hens free range with my flock of BR hens and RIR roos. No problem, I thought, since no way would those big boys tolerate him encroaching on their hens. Besides, I really didn't think he could reach to do the deed. Well, he's obviously far more "talented" than I thought, since I'm sitting here right now looking at a brooder full of "sexlink" chicks that I hatched. Yup, they're Black Stars, alright ... with fuzzy legs! That little red roo beat time on my big guys and gave me over half a hatch's worth of "in betweens." They're right at six weeks now, and they're in between the sizes of my bantam cochin chicks hatched the same day and the obviously full size chicks that my lazy RIRs actually managed to sire!
barnie.gif
Well, needless to say, Lil' Red is no longer allowed access to the full sized ladies, and I'm seriously considering replacing some lazy RIRs that seem to be taking their roles for granted. BTW, wouldn't you know that about 2/3 of the "halfies" are roos?! I see "cornish game hen" on the menu soon.

thank you everyone.. my goal is to keep
one bantam amerecauna rooster, and one bantam favorelle rooster

this is then why I go.. MMMMMMMMMMMN>>>>> when you go to give away.. or sell.. ore whatever..

what in the world would you list them as.. batam chicks.. no medium bantam chicks.. noooooooooooo.. YOUR GUESS WILL BE AS GOOD AS MINE CHICKS FOR FREE!!! HEHEHEHEHEH

I dont want to keep the larger size/ roosters.. due to having so many bantam girls.. this is why my choice for now... to try would be two bantam roosters

thank you

so much
everyone
oxoxox

Back
Top Bottom