Bantam with crusty scabs on abdomen and pus.Pictures.

I am really sorry about your hen. Has the vet examined her? It is hard to say what may be wrong causing the scabbing. It could be a bacterial illness, but I think she needs the vet to help her.
I took her to the vet and he suggested nothing really period. He took a feather from her and said that he would look at it under the microscope. I have not heard from him. I will contact him on Monday period she is getting a bath. Or so king that is. And Beta dying or right now. And anti microbial skin cleanser. And after that I apply when she's dry. I apply. Silver sulphedine, a staff medication call mu call mu fusaran. And I added vitamin vitamin b and probiotic in her water. I do have some SMZ that I'm gonna start tonight with her.Thank you

Are you doing the soaks and cleaning daily? Is she spending most of her time lying down or resting on a roost bar. Or is she getting up and walking around during the day? Breast blisters which can get infected with pus can be from lying on damp or soiled bedding and from a rough roost bar. There is a skin type of Mareks disease, but it would affect most of the body. I would ask the vet office to give you the results of the feather testing. But make sure that she is on dry bedding or clean towel or puppy pad, and examine roost bars for any roughness and smooth those down. Consider cleaning out the bedding in the coop now that spring is here.

Back
Top Bottom