Bantam with crusty scabs on abdomen and pus.Pictures.

mg15

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 22, 2012
Hi, my Japanese Bantam 10 years old developed much scabbing on her whole abdomen area.
I think she might of had mites. But the feathers seemed stuck in the scabs. Put her on doxycycline once a day 1/4 tab.
The scabs and are still forming with her moist skin looks awful. the vet in out today !!
Help Please
20240404_142526.jpg
20240404_142537.jpg
20240404_142652.jpg
20240404_142537.jpg 20240404_142526.jpg

Attachments

• 20240404_142512.jpg
    20240404_142512.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 3
I would soak her in warm water with Epsom salts, Betadine, or chlorhexidene for 15 minutes daily. When dry, apply some triple antibiotic ointment on the scabs. Is she was on damp bedding or ground, her skin was breaking down. Does she have any mites on her body now?

I think I saw some mites. I'm getting betadine now and Epsom salts

I have soaked her bottom and chest in the Beta dying solution. And also the epson salts and have put on Her crusty area. Silver sulfadand also a medicine ointment for staff.
The vet gave us the silver Sulfadine And he took one of her feathers and he said that he would look in the microscope. But I've never heard back. She had a lot of soaking done. And it looked like the scabs were gone. But today the all the scabs are back and it looks like it's really coming out of her abdomen. Maybe where a feather was, I just don't. Know

I have soaked her bottom and chest in the Beta dying solution. And also the epson salts and have put on Her crusty area. Silver sulfadand also a medicine ointment for staff.
The vet gave us the silver Sulfadine And he took one of her feathers and he said that he would look in the microscope. But I've never heard back. She had a lot of soaking done. And it looked like the scabs were gone. But today the all the scabs are back and it looks like it's really coming out of her abdomen. Maybe where a feather was, I just don't. Know

I am really sorry about your hen. Has the vet examined her? It is hard to say what may be wrong causing the scabbing. It could be a bacterial illness, but I think she needs the vet to help her.

Back
Top Bottom