Hey Karen
frow.gif

How they doin'?

Quote:
I have no clue, I am at work and have 52 minutes to go
th.gif

I had more pips this morning before I left so
fl.gif
that I have more Fluffy Butts when I get home.

The Bantam Favorelle was the first out, what a cutie.

Bantam MF COchin , nothing, no pip or anything
barnie.gif

The Standard that hatched was still wobbly this morning but drying out nicely.

Keep your fingers crossed
fl.gif

This is killing me. Day 22 here, and I still have nothing.
sad.png
This is the second time that I've gotten them safely to Day 18, and then...failed somehow.

I'm wondering how long to wait before pulling the plug on this batch.
sad.png

Quote:
LG 9200 still-air. After my first failed hatch, I increased the temps per recommendations here. I can't get the humidity up (according to my Accurite) above 45% no matter what I do. On Day 18, I took them off the turner, candled them, filled all water channels, and also added a huge sponge full of warm water and plugged the vent hole. I have not opened the incubator since then.

It's very frustrating, since they're making it to Day 18.
sad.png

Quote:
LG 9200 still-air. After my first failed hatch, I increased the temps per recommendations here. I can't get the humidity up (according to my Accurite) above 45% no matter what I do. On Day 18, I took them off the turner, candled them, filled all water channels, and also added a huge sponge full of warm water and plugged the vent hole. I have not opened the incubator since then.

It's very frustrating, since they're making it to Day 18.
sad.png

I hope yours make it. Mine hatched mostly on Day 23, the last one was actually Day 24.

I ended up with 5 Favorelles , 4 standard one Bantam
My Red Cochin that pipped looksto have drowned, the egg got turned over
hit.gif
None of the rest have pipped or even moved so I am thinking all is lost on them.
I had to move the 4 older chicks to a brooder last night, they started pecking at the last one hatching and I saw blood, so for his sake, I grabbed the others and moved them.

if I have to open the bator I add HOT water to my container and this brings the humidity right back up to where it was. This works in my setup as my container doens't touch any eggs so there is no chance of cooking them
wink.png
. Just my 2 cents
big_smile.png

Krista

I finally got pics taken today of the new "kids"

They are SOOOOOOO Cute!

Mike
Hope you are a proud "Grandpa"!!!!!!
lau.gif

P1010004.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

Back