Bantys and NHR ??? Help me please

lydiagirl99

Songster
5 Years
May 31, 2016
Michigan (By The Thumb)
So a friend of my Dads gave us his 5 chickens yesterday because he didn't want them anymore... I don't know what the breeds are. I have a guess on the 2 big ones but not the 3 little ones.
This is Regina George . I was thinking New Hampshire Red ??

And here are the Bantys. Small but not smaller than my Rosecomb. Pictures aren't best because they were never handled.

New Hampshire (Red is actually not part of the bred name)
What color egg does the first bantam pullet lay. If cream, I would guess she is a Silver Quail D'Anver. If blue or green, then she is an Easter Egger
I can't tell if the other bantam is mottled or spangled? And frankly, I can't think of a bred in either color type that has a single comb, beard, and featherless shanks. So, I'm thinking she is a cross bred.

You're probably right. They said they got Bantam chicks from a hatchery and then later on hatched some of their eggs so they probably got cross bred. I don't know what color the Batams lay yet. The man I got them from said they hardly ever lay as they're 3-4 years old (part of reason why he doesn't want them anymore). Plus I just got them 2 days ago and they're still getting comfortable in the pen with the new chickens and surroundings, but thank you so much for your help ! It is much appreciated. :)

I can't help on the breed but they are cute
Thank You ! :) They are cute. To bad they weren't socialized :( I'm hoping they'll see my tame chickens and start to realize people aren't going to hurt them. I've also been spending extra time out there so hopfully they'll eventually come up to me without being frightened.

So a friend of my Dads gave us his 5 chickens yesterday because he didn't want them anymore... I don't know what the breeds are. I have a guess on the 2 big ones but not the 3 little ones.
This is Regina George . I was thinking New Hampshire Red ??

And here are the Bantys. Small but not smaller than my Rosecomb. Pictures aren't best because they were never handled.

New Hampshire
EE(s) (can't tell if they are the same bird or not)
Mille Fleur Booted bantam

Back
Top Bottom