Bantys and NHR ??? Help me please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lydiagirl99, Aug 7, 2016.

1. lydiagirl99

lydiagirl99 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    So a friend of my Dads gave us his 5 chickens yesterday because he didn't want them anymore... I don't know what the breeds are. I have a guess on the 2 big ones but not the 3 little ones.
    This is Regina George . I was thinking New Hampshire Red ??
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And here are the Bantys. Small but not smaller than my Rosecomb. Pictures aren't best because they were never handled.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    New Hampshire (Red is actually not part of the bred name)
    What color egg does the first bantam pullet lay. If cream, I would guess she is a Silver Quail D'Anver. If blue or green, then she is an Easter Egger
    I can't tell if the other bantam is mottled or spangled? And frankly, I can't think of a bred in either color type that has a single comb, beard, and featherless shanks. So, I'm thinking she is a cross bred.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Rhode Runner

4. lydiagirl99

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    You're probably right. They said they got Bantam chicks from a hatchery and then later on hatched some of their eggs so they probably got cross bred. I don't know what color the Batams lay yet. The man I got them from said they hardly ever lay as they're 3-4 years old (part of reason why he doesn't want them anymore). Plus I just got them 2 days ago and they're still getting comfortable in the pen with the new chickens and surroundings, but thank you so much for your help ! It is much appreciated. :)

5. evanicole

evanicole Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2016
    I can't help on the breed but they are cute

6. lydiagirl99

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    Thank You ! :) They are cute. To bad they weren't socialized :( I'm hoping they'll see my tame chickens and start to realize people aren't going to hurt them. I've also been spending extra time out there so hopfully they'll eventually come up to me without being frightened.

7. evanicole

evanicole Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2016
    U welcome

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    New Hampshire
    EE(s) (can't tell if they are the same bird or not)
    Mille Fleur Booted bantam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by