Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Nice boys, Trisha! I have one boy with a really nice comb, three with pretty nice ones. I need to find homes for them. Does anyone know of someone who needs a nice Barnie cockerel? They're all docile and beautiful. The one who broke his beak and cut his wattle will probably not ever show well, though. He's still a doll. (actually my favorite.) I'd keep him if I could have a roo here.

frow.gif
Just sharing some more pics of my flock:)

The only "black" pullet I kept from this year's Blue project chicks and she's 3/4 Barnevelder and 1/4 Wyandotte. She's gone broody and I have her penned up to break her. She's one of the youngest pullets to have gone broody in my flock. I like her body, lacing and size. She also lays a better colored egg than my KC line hens, but the egg color still needs some work. Her tail is a bit messed up from cramming herself in to a nest box
roll.png

30473_young_stock_2011_027.jpg

30473_young_stock_2011_028.jpg

My first choice cockerel so far for 2011. They're all looking good, but he's my favorite overall and still has lots of growing to do.
30473_young_stock_2011_035.jpg

30473_young_stock_2011_034.jpg

My second choice cockerel so far for 2011 (about 3 weeks younger than the first)
30473_young_stock_2011_031.jpg

Nice pictures Trisha!

My girls are now 24 weeks and I'm anxiously awaiting those eggs! Unfortunately, I lost 2 pullets to a predator - one of yours and one from mediazeal. So I only have 2 pullets now.
sad.png

Hello! I'm fairly new to Barnies (2 years in). Initially I just wanted a good roo for my backyard flock, then got a couple hens...now I'm in love with them!
love.gif
Here's a couple pics of my guy. I'd love feedback - is he the proper "type" for the breed? My son is thinking of showing next year so the feedback would be great!
thumbsup.gif

.....OK, so I seem to be having trouble attaching pics..
hide.gif
..can someone help me out? I'm new to this BYC thing. THANKS!!

Quote:
hugs.gif
Oh, I'm sorry you lost the two pullets. What got them? I lost one of my youngest pullets to a darn hawk awhile back. I think she would of been a good pullet too:(

Thanks, I was so upset.

I'm not sure. It came during the day both times (1 pullet each time) and climbed a 6 ft fence to get them. I found no feathers, not a single sign of an attack. When the 2nd girl was taken, I noticed one of my marans girls was holding her feathers up off her neck. I checked her and she was missing skin on the back of her neck. I think she was the victim, but it couldn't carry her off, so it grabbed another.

So since it goes for the back of the neck, I'm assuming a bobcat. (I've seen one on our property before) I've had a trap set since last Thursday and haven't caught a thing. Whatever it is is sneaky as heck, it only comes when my dog is not here. (first time we were out of town for the weekend, 2nd I had to take her to the vet for her shots)

We've added some extra fencing around the run, so hopefully this will take care of it.

Quote:
hugs.gif
Oh, I'm sorry you lost the two pullets. What got them? I lost one of my youngest pullets to a darn hawk awhile back. I think she would of been a good pullet too:(

Thanks, I was so upset.

I'm not sure. It came during the day both times (1 pullet each time) and climbed a 6 ft fence to get them. I found no feathers, not a single sign of an attack. When the 2nd girl was taken, I noticed one of my marans girls was holding her feathers up off her neck. I checked her and she was missing skin on the back of her neck. I think she was the victim, but it couldn't carry her off, so it grabbed another.

So since it goes for the back of the neck, I'm assuming a bobcat. (I've seen one on our property before) I've had a trap set since last Thursday and haven't caught a thing. Whatever it is is sneaky as heck, it only comes when my dog is not here. (first time we were out of town for the weekend, 2nd I had to take her to the vet for her shots)

We've added some extra fencing around the run, so hopefully this will take care of it.

sad.png
So sorry!

Back
Top Bottom