Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Trisha~

They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Henny~ I think your boy is looking good and that it can't hurt anything to try him out at a show. The whole experience will be great for you son.
smile.png

I'm trying to rehome all my 16-week-old cockerels. They're great little dudes, but I'm in a no-crow zone. Is there anyone out there that wants them? They hatched from Trisha's eggs on May 12th.

I am SO glad I found this thread. I purchased a dozen Barnevelder chicks from a local gentleman in March. When I went to pick up the chicks he showed me around his operation and to say the least I was very impressed. Four of the chicks I purchased were roosters, I gave three to a neighbor so I now have six hens (two died. Dang dogs.) and a rooster. I got my first egg 8/28. It was a very dark brown terra cotta color. I am VERY much looking forward to working with this breed. Also, my hens are VERY dark brown with copper/gold lacing. I will try to post pic.

Quote:
I say boy. The comb is the give-away.

Can you (or anybody) explain what exactly it is about the comb? I know when they are older it will defintely look different from the girls, but what do I look for now?

Quote:
I guess you can't say that I have never posted now
big_smile.png
My wife has been on here for a number of years but she swears she's not a lurker - just really shy.
hmm.png

We're really looking forward to picking up the little darlings. We do have a small very nice flock of bantam Barnevelders as well as some real nice LF Barnies.

Between the Flatpick guitar, Band-In-A-Box, and Tabledit email lists, I'm one busy guy. But we'll be sure to let you know how these guys are getting along.

Cheers,
Chris

Here is my chick that a friend hatched for me. She is now 13wks. This is the best picture I could get, they don't hold still for a good camera shot lol.

Shannon

This girl came from good stock, don't remember his name on this board.
65421_dsc01391.jpg

This one I just got for color, traded this pullet & her sister for my roo chicks which I couldn't keep.
65421_dsc01393.jpg

Quote:
I guess you can't say that I have never posted now
big_smile.png
My wife has been on here for a number of years but she swears she's not a lurker - just really shy.
hmm.png

We're really looking forward to picking up the little darlings. We do have a small very nice flock of bantam Barnevelders as well as some real nice LF Barnies.

Between the Flatpick guitar, Band-In-A-Box, and Tabledit email lists, I'm one busy guy. But we'll be sure to let you know how these guys are getting along.

Cheers,
Chris

It was great meeting you both the other day! Hope everyone is doing great! Hope the babies are all settled in. I miss them so much, they are such lovers. I miss them sooooooo much that I am putting 5 eggs under a broody.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hi Shannon! Congrats on your birds! Did these birds come from Kummer Poultry or from Tailfeatherz...both gentlemen are up your way.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom